Chapter Seventeen~ Fly, Fly, and Fly

"My heart is on wings                                              I'm living in dreams"

                                              I'm living in dreams"

My hands were shaking, breathing was becoming harder and harder by the second. My head is swarming with possibilities, thoughts, nightmares. What is it my fault? Who hurt Maddie? Could it be Ruby? No. Even she wouldn't go that low. Then the sensible part of my head decided it would be a good idea to pop in. Or would she? You don't know her, V, stop thinking that everyone is good. Some people just aren't.

Oh my God. If it was Ruby, then it was my fault. I thought I was invincible, that staying away from Kayden was a bad idea when at the end of the day, he began to ignore me and I might've caused the one person in this world who promised to always stand by me harm. These thoughts never took me anywhere good, I knew that, but I couldn't help it if it was my fault...I don't know what I would do.

I make my way out of my room, away from my thinking place, to a place I know will prevent these thoughts from coming to my mind, I go to the music room downstairs. My mom and I had our connection through music, we wrote together, we played together, we sang together. It made us who we were. Writing without her just made me feel alone, incomplete, and guilty. 

Sometimes, I felt that she should've survived instead of me, she had so many dreams she wanted to chase, and I, well I, I still didn't know what I was going to do. When thoughts clouded my mind when I felt that life was tearing me apart when I thought I couldn't do it anymore, I went to the piano. It's where I'd always felt closest to her, even when she was still here.

I take a seat on the bench and look at the paper on the stand. It was the last song my mom and I had ever written together. Memories flooded my mind and I had to ground myself before the tears started to flow. I gently placed my fingers on the keys and played the first chord. After that I was off, my hands flying over the keys like magic. I felt alive, more alive than I've felt in a while. I opened my mouth,
Whenever you feel like the world is on fire

Like there's no one with you, to help u feel more alive 

Remember I'm here, always next to you

You are my angel, just know I love you

Every single time, you just try and try and try
No don't give up, you just gotta, gotta fly and fly and fly You're gonna reach some heights ya, you're gonna feel the sky Oh and every moment of it, you know you will feel alive

So just fly

Never stop trying Don't ask why You're gonna do it right yeah

Every single time, you just try and try and try

No don't give up, you just gotta, gotta fly and fly and fly