Chapter Twenty-Four~ Spontaneous is my Middle name

Song: Baby Blue~ Dylan Conrique

                                      "I, I was doing fine                                       Until you came along and wrecked my health                                       Now I just want you to myself                                       B...

                                       Until you came along and wrecked my health
                                       Now I just want you to myself
                                       Baby you, you got me breaking rules"

My heart was racing---like 50 miles an hour. Oh, My Holy Cheeseballs. He asked me out. I cannot fathom-- what the heck? AHHHH. I am going on a date with Kayden Jackson this Friday. How? How did my life go from plain right boring and miserable to this exciting?

It has been 30 minutes since I told him the truth. 30 minutes since he has shared his story and explanation for everything that went down this week. 30 minutes since he asked me out on a date and dropped me off at the orphanage. No one was home though so no one really knew that I had fixed things with Kayden other than Lily. Whom I hadn't seen this happy since 8th grade. I don't know man, she's weird.

I just don't understand how Kayden could've been so strong for his mom and Jayden. In more ways than one could think, this boy had done it. This boy had done something no guy has ever been able to do. This boy made me like him. With his humor and his love for literature. With his sarcasm and beautiful smile. With his passion and love for his family, he had done it. And believe it or not, I'm not fighting it anymore though---I'm just letting myself be happy. Because he does that, he makes me happy. Don't get me wrong-- I guess I was still a little angry. But how could I possibly stay angry at someone who looked like Kayden Jackson? Most of the time, I don't mind his good looks but now they just make it hard to be upset at him.

 My thoughts bounce around in my head as does my excitement for Friday. We had Friday, the weekend, and all of next week off. It was Thanksgiving break and I was bubbling with nervousness and excitement. I didn't tell Kayden about Jason Owens. I don't want him involved in this mess. I just wanted to finish it. Find out what Owens wants and just give it to him. I'm sick of being beaten up and I'm sick of him ruining every good thing that comes into my life. Lettie had taken the girls for a movie meaning I was alone in the house so I decided to take a small nap before Lettie came back and called for dinner. 

My eyes drifted to sleep but my mind stayed awake because of the certain blue-eyed boy who never fails to make me smile. Surprisingly enough but not really, I wake up to someone sitting on top of me and soft brown eyes peering down at me. I smile up at Julia and she gives me a toothy grin in return. I pretend to yawn and then sneak my hands up to her stomach and start tickling her. 

She laughs and screeches and thrashes in my arms trying to get out but I wrap my legs around her to hold her in place.

"V! HEHE! AHHHH! V stop pleaseeee!" 

She manages to say through her giggles. I laugh and stop before carrying her into the kitchen where Addie and Em were setting up the table. Em had her cute little camera with her which she got last Christmas. I knew photography would be her thing; she loved capturing the moment and creating collages.