Chapter Six~ Running from the Rain, wait, I can't run.

A/N: I love this song so much, and I just feel like it hits home. IDK, maybe I just stan Lauv too much, lol.

Happy Reading!

                                   " We think happy is expensive                     

                                       But every time I'm with you I re-learn"

"Jayden stop it! Your being annoying. AAAHHHH! JAYDEN JACKSON PUT ME DOWN RIGHT THIS INSTANT!" Lilly squealed like a little girl as Jayden threw her over his shoulder. 

Jayden let out a low rumble of laughter and ran around central park like a little kid on a sugar high. Kayden and I shared a small smile as we looked at the two of them running around throwing popcorn at each other.

"They're literally meant to be. I don't know what's taking Jayden so long to ask the girl out. I mean he definitely likes her and she makes it blatantly clear she has feelings for him as well." Kayden stated as if it was obvious. 

I smiled and nodded in agreement. But deep down I knew that it was deeper than that. lilly hasn't totally opened up about her relationship with Jayden to me and I knew there had to be a reason for that. Every time I asked about it, she shrugged and said that they were JUST friends and it was driving both Kayden and I crazy.

These past few weeks with the group have been absolutely amazing. I mean everyday after school the four of us would walk to central park and do out homework there together on the grass laughing and trying to as much work done as possible though it was tricky when we were all distracted very easily.

I looked up to see Kayden focused on his English homework and couldn't help but swoon a little at how good he looked. He eyebrows were furrowed and he has the cutest face as he was looking down at his homework. he was gazing curiously at whatever had succeeded in stumping him today. Over the past few weeks, we've come to realize that all of us had a different good subject; meaning that we were all good at different subjects. 

For example, Kayden was amazing at Math, I loved and could vouch for English, Jayden was obsessed with the idea of science, and Lilly has always admired American History or any type of history for that matter. Though we didn't necessarily do it for each other, we definitely took advantage of each other when thoroughly confused. Which is why I was counting down seconds until Kayden turned to me asking for help on his English homework. As if one cue he spoke up.

"I. Need. Help." He groaned, I ignored him, just for the fun of it. I instantly regretted that decision when I felt two hands come to my hips, and the next thing I knew he was tickling me while I was cackling like some psycho, begging for him to stop.

"Now cupcake, you gonna help me or not?" He muttered, stopping for a second waiting for my answer.

I nodded in response and took his paper from his hands and started to explain the importance of the love story and the part it played in both the character's life. I looked up to find him just simply staring at me. I glared at him,