₮ⱧⱤɆɆ

"So what im trying to say is, They rely on smell at nights and sight on days. They have blindness so that why i was able to survive from one zombie a few yards away from me."

"I see..."

"And.. It takes 10 seconds for someone to turn, their teeth has to sink deep enough to actually get the virus inside the human body faster." She finished explaining, holding her exposed arm, wiping it with the sleeves of her shirt around her waist. 

"How did you know?" Her captain asked. His daughter nudged him for the bold question.

Byulyi looked down, "I saw it happen right in front of my eyes, i never thought my first blood would be my family's.." She mumbled the last part but wasnt heard because of the loud propellers spinning but the captain understood. 

Hyejin held her hand making Byulyi look at her, she smiled. "Youre amazing you know that!" She raised her voice so she could hear. Byulyi smiled weakly and held her hand in hers. 

The helicopter landed on the helipad, all of the soldiers including Hyejin and Byulyi got out and went towards the entrance of the building. As soon as they entered, the soldiers applauded at the sight of the girl alive but it only lasted a second, what was important was Major Moon, not his daughter. But seeing that she had the guts to kill her infected family and survive an infected town by herself was more than impressive. 

And not to mention, she has provided important information needed to know about those zombies. Not everyone can keep notes on their head while being chased by Cannibalistic people, no one would even think about it. As well as use a gun that she had no knowledge of is very impressive.

The other cadets in the base were all amazed by her and they chatted about it, Byulyi told them what happened except for what she did to her family, she decided to keep that as a secret. Hyejin shooed the others off, "Guys please, its almost 4AM, go to bed, Byulyi needs her rest too."

"Thanks Hyejin ah.." She said making Hyejin smile and pat her back.

"Anytime Byul ah." Byulyi stood up and followed Hyejin to her compartment to sleep in for a while, but she was cut off by the captain.

"Byulyi!" He gestured his hand indicating for her to come to him. "I need to talk to you" She did as he asked and went to him. "Your gonna get Deployed tomorrow, General's orders." Byulyi stood in attention position and saluted, showing that she agrees mostly because she doesnt have a choice.

Being deployed was her dream, but now that it was here she didnt feel great about it as she imagined she'd be. Getting deployed was something she wanted to show her family, but now it felt as there was no purpose of it anymore. 

"Your family would be proud of you." He said, seeing that Byulyi wasnt too happy about the news. Byulyi smiled weakly and bowed before turning on her heels towards Hyejin again. It raised her mood up even just a little bit, it was enough to be able to face those 'things' again. 

Three months, thats how long since it all started, Three months since that night, and three months since Byulyi got deployed. 

Many were envious of her since she was a 'rare' case in military. She'd only gone through being a Private for a couple of weeks and made her way up to being a SFC - in other words - Sergeant First Class one of the high ranks in the Enlisted Ranks, and some mad that she was getting promoted the next week as a Master Sergeant, MSG. 

Her way to the top was faster than anyone else's. They cant blame her though, in all the missions she went to the past months, she would always be the common one surviving along with Hyejin. The two of them, along with other people from other Cadet units were the only ones having enough courage to throw themselves into the dead zone.

Rumors went around the lower ranked soldiers about them. Like the higher ups from the Officer Ranks are planning to form an Alpha team with Hyejins dad as the captain in the next week. It would include those other people from other Cadet Units. Well, those rumors were in fact true.

Byulyi ran towards the army chopper as she shot the zombies running behind her skillfully, shooting the zombies chasing Hyejin as well as she ran towards the chopper. "Go go go! Quickly!" She shot as many as she quickly as she could while running backwards.

"Sgt. Moon!" One of them shouted as they were getting eating by a crowd of zombies. Byulyi couldnt do anything and it would be to dangerous to go back for him now, he was a goner already.

She ran inside with Hyejin and a couple other soldiers and sat down on the seats, still shooting at the zombies that got near the chopper till they took off. When it was safe, Byulyi reached into her pocket and took out the dog tags. "Thank you, for surviving again today team." She handed Hyejin hers and the others as well. 

She looked down at the dog tags who didnt have owners anymore, thinking she failed to keep them safe as the team leader again. She held onto them tightly as the guys who shouted her name from earlier as they got eaten, their voices rung in her head like a playlist. Her teammates looked at her with concern but she calmed down as Hyejin reached her knee. 

She took a deep breath, and looked over at her. "How's your leg?" She asked, Hyejin chuckled.

"It's just a scratch, it shouldnt be bad."

"You still need to meet Medic Jung when we get back, Immediately."

"Her again???"

"Thats an order." Hyejin rolled her eyes.

"Yes Ma'am."

"Wheein, Hyejin needs help." Byulyi said as she pushed Hyejin towards wheein. Hyejin furrowed her eyes at Byulyi as she limped. 

"Hyejin! Quickly, lay down." Wheein said, pulling a movable bed towards her and Hyejin layed down with a sigh. Byulyi knew how much Hyejin hated how weird the girl was. Wheein joined the military medical services to mainly help Hyejin in any way she could. Wheein always made sure Hyejin had a misunderstanding of her intentions.

Wheein was a little too obsessed with Hyejin ever since Middle school. Byulyi smiled at the thought that even though Hyejin hated how the girl was acting around her, she was a lot more worried than anyone else to find her when the whole zombie thing started a few months ago. She chuckled to herself, till her personal medic came to her aid.

"Sergeant are you okay? No wounds or anything?" She asked.

"If you count a broken heart then no im not okay." She joked, "Seriously, im fine Joohyun ah, dont worry so much."

"Your father saved my life when i was a kid. Taking care of his daughter is the least i can do." She smiled as she lifted Byulyi's arms to check if her joints were fine.

If only you knew who killed him.. Byulyi thought to herself, "Really Joohyun, im fineeee" She dragged her words as she stepped away from the girl. "I appreciate it. But, i have to go see the captain, know where he is?"

"I think i saw him enter his office a few minutes ago." She said making Byulyi make a thumbs up with a smile on her face before turning on the heels of her combat boots to the direction of the captains office, her smiling face immediately changed as if she was a different person now.

They were in a ship, a big ship, they moved there after someone got infected in the military base on land, many had died then, including new recruits. Tragic days were the only things Byulyi remembered, and kept replaying in her head. She sighed as she reached the door of his office, she knocked on it three times waiting for his answer to come in.

She got in after his permission his gaze softened at the sight of Byulyi in front of him. "Welcome back Sergeant." Byulyi stood in attention and saluted.

"Sergeant. Moon. Byul. Yi." She stood at ease after stating her name.

"How many more is it this time?" He asked, looking at her clenched fist. Byulyi held the dog tags infront of her so he could see.

"Three, sir." Byulyi's face expression stayed the same the way she was trained making the captain sigh. Byulyi stood in attention before moving towards his desk to place the dog tags on his table. 

"Thank you." He said, She bowed and went outside. She let out a loud sigh before starting to walk towards where Hyejin was.