Chapter 9

David's POV

I don't know why but actually asking Violet to marry me was one of the most terrifying things I've ever done. Our relationship is so strong and I trust Violet with my life but something about asking her the question made me so anxious, just Incase I had misread it or something. Luckily though, she accepted, I had nothing to fear really. The feeling of satisfaction and just pure love was overwhelming as she tearfully accepted.

"We should have an engagement party" I declared, we were now sipping our drinks and still watching top of the pops but our minds were clearly elsewhere.
"Yeah?" Duncan and Violet responded in unison.
"Yeah, we could coincide it with New Years" I thought out of the top of my head.
"Yeah!" They responded with more enthusiasm this time.
"I'll ring coco and she'll get something sorted for us" I added.
"I'll ring my dad, he should come over for this" Violet announced. My thumb traced circles on her forearm as we lounged on the sofa.
"Yeah" I nodded, agreeing with her.
"I'll ring him later on" she declared, a lightness to her voice. She couldn't stop looking at the ring, her finger playing with it constantly. It was a beautiful glistening rock. The entire night, her fingers were fumbling with it, while we vented off ideas and things we should do and what we could do. It was entirely exciting, I felt like a boy waiting for Christmas even though Christmas had came. We chatted for hours, Duncan chipped in too, offering suggestions and slightly different perspective. He would of course be my best man. We also established that Francine would be maid of honor. I could tell Violet was excited about prospect of a wedding but she did her best to play it low. She eagerly spoke about color schemes and music options, but then adorably tried to back pedal. Eventually as time passed by along with the bottle of champagne between the other two, we thought it best to make the necessary phone calls with it being Christmas Day. I chatted to coco while Violet called her dad.

Once we had informed the right people we settled back down in the living room, this time we stuck a Christmas record on and sat around the big windows, watching the city and sipping juice. Violet was tucked into my side and Duncan sat to the side, it was a moment of bliss, like everything in life was exactly where it needed to be and everything was heading in the right direction. After a little while, Duncan excused himself to have a shower and some time by himself. Meanwhile Violet and I stayed snuggled on the comfy seat. We sat enjoying each others company and letting our thoughts come and go.

"So, we're engaged?" Violet aired, almost questioning the fact.

"Yeah" I laughed, "we are now engaged" I confirmed.

"I love you so much, our wedding is going to be beautiful" she confessed, snuggling into me tighter.

"It is my darling, would you want a longer engagement or...." I pondered, having not really considered when we would actually have the wedding.

"Well an autumnal wedding would be my ideal time" she began, twisting up to look at me as she spoke.

"Oh definitely" I nodded, feeling confident as she had almost read my mind, "so this autumn would probably be ok, it's still a good 10 months off" I thought aloud. Leaving it another year would perhaps be a little too long seeing as we are both impatient and super excited about a wedding.

"I mean, if thats ok with you?" she responded, before pecking my cheek with a soft kiss.

"Of course it is" I kissed the top of her head in turn, "So, any month in particular?"

"...Hmm, October?" she queried, a sense of doubt in her tone.

"Sounds good to me my darling" I enjoyed seeing Violet getting excited thinking about us getting married. "You know, my darling" I began, having thought about a potential issue. "I will probably have to make an official announcement for our engagement....otherwise the media will go crazy and they will be on us all the time" I hated the thought, and knew that would be the last thing I wanted Violet to experience.

"...ok" Violet answered confidently, seemingly un-phased by the idea. This pleasantly surprised me.

"Ok?" I retorted, rubbing Violet's back comfortingly.

"Yeah, of course it's ok. You have to do what you have to do, you know what needs to be done" she leant up to kiss me.

"I just want whats best for us, I want our day to be perfect" I smile after our tender, kiss.

"I know you do love, I love you so much" she beamed, taking her hand to hold my face, and tenderly stroked a thumb across my cheek.

"Now, engagement party" I laughed, moving onto a lighter topic, "Coco will arrange most of it, we just have to turn up and socialise for a few hours, I can make a statement then too" I aired, feeling much more comfortable now everything is out in the air.

"I'm so excited!" Violet blurted, making me smile at her cuteness.

"You don't say" I teased, cautiously watching her reaction. She scowled, before breaking into a shy smile. I couldn't help but kiss her. Tenderly taking her face in my hands, our lips brushed against each other and the sparks as always shot between us. I felt her hands roam and find their place on my back. Our forms moulded to each other as we passionately embraced one another. "God, I love you" I murmured lowly against her lips as I caught my breath.

"I love you too" she responded, her words breathy, "I just can't keep my hands off of you" her eyes were dark and full of lust. My hands fell to her hips as I savoured the image of Violet.

"Well, I think we should go to bed" I smirked. My hands running down her hips to feel her through her soft tracksuit bottoms.

"Well Mr Jones, I think so too" she smirked back, biting her lip slightly, enticing me further. In one swift movement, I stood up, with Violet still attached to me. I adjusted us and quickly headed to the bedroom.

"We need the practice for our wedding day" I joked, keeping my voice low as we entered into our bedroom.

"Is that you're excuse? What was the excuse before?" she teased back, making me bashful. The passion rapidly overrode the shyness and I found Violet climbing on top of me, her mouth finding the bare skin on my chest and neck. Everything was exactly where it should be.