09. INTIMACY

Author's note: 

Hello everyone, so wanted to give a warning that this chapter gets a little steamy, but nothing really explicit tbh.

That's all I had to say -- ONWARD!

~.~

Diego's car was still in front of the Umbrella Manufacturing building when Elaina and Five stepped out. With a quick hotwire, Five jumped into the driver's seat while Elaina took refuge in the passenger seat. They figured that Diego must've left back to Elliot's. On the ride over, Elaina carefully kept eyeing her forearm as she saw it finally start to heal. Nearly 25 minutes for a simple scratch to heal. That's never happened before.

Five's eyes moved to his peripheral and saw Elaina's furrowed brows. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Hmm?" she hummed as she looked up, her brows unknotting. "What do you mean?"

"Penny for your thoughts?" he asked, his eyes trained on the road. "Seems like something's bothering you."

"Oh. I guess this whole thing with Dad has me a little on edge," she lied to the boy. She figured there was no point bringing up a possible one-time flook.

Five sighed. "I know you have this grudge towards Dad -- a well-warranted grudge, don't get me wrong -- but he's the only one that can help us right now," he said, his pointer finger tapping against the steering wheel while he spoke.

Elaina grunted as she leaned her head against the window. "Yeah, yeah, I know." was all she responded.

The boy carefully peered over to look at her, but didn't say anything else, bringing his attention back to the street in front of him. The rest of the ride back to Elliot's was quiet. Once they got there, Five put the car in park and they stepped out, walking towards the front entrance as Five spatial jumped them inside.

They started to make their way towards the stairs when they heard Diego's groans and shrieks of pain. They both turned to each other, sharing a look of alarm before Five grabbed Elaina's hand and jumped them both to the top. They landed in Elliot's den to see a half-naked Diego, his eyes rolling to the back of his head while his head flopped over the arm of the sofa, Lila straddled on top of him.

"Jesus," stated Elaina with a wince, seeing the woman cauterizing a wound Diego had in his abdomen with a heat gun.

Five sighed. "Oh. He isn't dead," Elaina looked at the boy before smacking his arm, shaking her head as he shot her questioning look. Asshole or not, Diego was still their brother.

"Disappointed?" asked Lila.

"Oh, to see you? Always," smiled Five wryly, as he reached over to the coffee table and grabbed a napkin from it.

"So much hostility in such a tiny package," stated Lila, propping the arm that held the heat gun on her knee.

Elaina grabbed the napkin from Five's hand as she turned his face, getting a better look on the scratch on his neck. "Girlie, you have no idea," the girl answered idly as she started to dap it over the cut.

"Did you cut yourself shaving? I could teach you to shave like a big boy."

Five sighed again. "No, we just ran into an old family friend," he said, looking at Elaina before grabbing the napkin from her hand, shaking his head as his eyes quickly darted to Lila. He brought his hand up and started to dab the wound himself.

He clearly meant what he said about not trusting the woman and wanting to be cautious around her. Elaina guessed that must've also meant the extent of their relationship. She rolled her eyes slightly and shrugged.