Mr. Sweet Face

Amelia's POV- September 2019
"What exactly was Gavin doing at a bar after his debut?"

I glanced over at Dean and smiled,

"Pretty sure he was there for a drink," I said.

He rolled his eyes,

"No, I mean he had family in town. Why was he at a bar instead of being with them?"

Why would I know?

"It was late, Dean," I told him.

"That's true"

I shut off my car once I parked it, and reached for my belt bag. 

"So while you were getting your jersey, Gavin called me. He wanted to know if you have a visitor pass" I said.

"Yeah, Loren makes me come with her when Walker invites her to games"

I see,

"So what's the deal with her and Cody Bellinger?" I asked.

"They were kind of a thing before the accident. I never saw the two interact, but Anthony says their was a lot of sexual tension"

The accident had one fatality, Loren's sister Iris. 

"He kinda thinks Loren and I dated"

He was technically Loren's type, but she was his best friend's sister in law.

"So he kind of hates me"

Okay, that could wait.

"She went through a dark period after the accident"

Survivor's guilt.

"Pretty sure he thought she was dead"

She almost did die,

"Cody couldn't get a hold of Loren, and when he got back from the road trip, he went to the pastry shop but it was closed"

They closed for about a month.

"This whole misunderstanding was honestly Santiago's fault"

Santiago was Loren's older brother.

"Considering he wrote that sign"

"What did the sign say?" I asked.

"That the shop was closed because Iris, her husband, daughter, and sister had been involved in a fatal accident"

I could see how Cody, with his high school education, could misinterpret that.

"Pretty sure he thought everyone died in the car accident. It didn't help that Loren changed her number after the accident so he couldn't get a hold of her"

"How'd he find out she wasn't dead?" I wondered.

"The following season, Walker showed up to the pastry shop looking for Loren. Apparently, he knows her because she used to tutor him when they were in college. He wanted her to go to his first major league start, and he took no for an answer. Got everything situated and accommodated for her"

Loren had to learn how to walk again, and for a bit, she walked with a limp. She was the reason as to why I gave aerial yoga a chance when recovering from ACL surgery.

"Walker wanted us to have dinner with his family and girlfriend, so we were in the hallway waiting for him to come out of the locker room when Chris Taylor walks straight up to Loren and pulls her into a hug. Apparently, they knew each other. He and Cody fucking Bellinger were frequent customers of the pastry shop! The next day, Cody showed up at the pastry shop. He didn't show up by himself though, his girlfriend was with him"