Arm Candy

Amelia's POV- September 2019
"Missy, how can you read that?"

Sandwiched between Missy and Olive was a sleeping Dean who had an icepack pressed against his swollen cheeks.

"You think this is bad? Lia's got a student who writes way worse"

"He dropped the class" I revealed.

She frowned,

"Why though? You said he was doing really well"

That was true,

"He decided to take Calculus instead," I told her.

"You're not teaching only 1 AP class though"

Also true,

"He's also taking AP Bio and needs his final period to be free," I said.

"Oh, right he plays a sport"

I nodded and glanced over at the butternut squash, deciding it was cool enough to handle.

"Hey, Lia?"

"Yes?" I called out as I carved the butternut squash flesh out and added it into the blender.

"Is it normal for Dean to shake?"

Unfortunately, yes. He had a small reaction to the anesthesia so the dentist warned me he'd be in pain long before he could take pain medication. Sleeping until he had to take his antibiotics and pain medication would be the ideal scenario.

"The anesthesia is likely wearing off," I told Olive.

She frowned,

"Should we wake him to get him to take his medicine?"

"He's got to wait another half hour or so let's let him sleep," I said.

The frown stayed on her face as she looked at her brother,

"Okay"

"You're okay with butternut squash soup?" I asked.

She looked at me,

"You're offering, so it must be vegan"

I nodded,

"I technically brought snacks, and premade meals, but it smells amazing"

I combined the vegetable broth and the coconut milk mixture that had sauteed onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes to the blender before putting all ingredients to blend.

"Can we watch the Dodger game?"

"Of course" I answered.

Since she was trapped, I retrieved the TV remote for her and handed it to her. The Dodgers were losing 1-0 against the Mets.

"When was the last time you went to a game?" I questioned as leaned back against the kitchen counter.

"Dean took me to see them when they played the Giants the last time he visited"

At the moment, their parents resided in Alameda County in Oakland, CA because their dad was the Attorney General of California.

"How long has it been since you went to a game at Dodger Stadium?" I asked.

She pursed her lips,

"Like 3-4 years"

I see,

"I have an extra ticket to Tuesday's game, no one to go with" I mentioned.

Her eyes widened,

"Dean doesn't want to go?"

"Dean works" I answered.