Something Came Up

Amelia's POV- September 2019
"Hi, the reservation is under Lux" I said to the waiter

He nodded,

"Right this way"

As I followed him, I did my best to catch my breath. By the time we reached Gavin, I wasn't as winded.

"Thank you" I told the waiter.

He nodded as he waved over a waitress before making his way back to the front,

"Hey" I greeted Gavin who was already standing up.

He smiled,

"Everything okay?"

Something came up, my parents still fostered and dad got a call at around 5 pm. 

"Yeah. Dad has me pick up a new foster kid for him. He didn't want the boy to wait too long for him and mom is working the night shift" I explained as he leaned in for a hug.

After the squeeze, he kissed my cheek and planted a big smooch on my lips.

"You are the less intimidating one of your siblings...at least the ones I've met"

Yes, I was.

"How old is the boy?"

I set my clutch on the chair and reached over to fix Gavin's hair.

"He is 15" I responded.

I smiled as he stood behind my chair and waited for me to sit down to push it in.

"How long were you waiting?" I asked as he took a seat.

He looked at his watch,

"About 45 minutes"

It was almost 8 PM.

"For being in a rush, you cleaned up really good"

I laughed and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear earning a grin from him

"I could say the same thing to you," I shot back.

He was dressed in an all-black ensemble; a black short-sleeved button-down and black pants.

"Do you know what you're getting?" I asked.

"Gnocchi"

I nodded as I began to scan the menu. As I did so, the waitress arrived.

"Hello, are we ready to order or can I start you off with drinks?"

Gavin spoke up,

"Drinks first"

The waitress nodded and as he ordered his drink, I continued looking at the menu,

"And what about you, doll?"

I smiled at her,

"Can I get a Sparking Water?" I ordered.