Chapter 5: Gone

Astrid's POV

I was hitting the trees, a little bit angry that my love got the chance to kill the dragon other than me, but was fine with it because he could finally prove himself worthy and I planned to confess my feeling for him after he killed it because over time my crush on him grew and I couldn't hold it back much longer without doing something crazy.

  I was heading back home when suddenly it rained heavily. Then, Hiccup the Handsome ran up to me and asked desperately,"Astrid, please help me! My dad just kicked me out of the house! Can I stay at your place for a while?" Yes! A chance to be together with him! I was about to agree when I noticed that other people were watching and I couldn't reveal that I cared for him so I did something I would live to regret. I pushed him into the mud and replied,"Dream on! No One would ever like you!" I saw him run into the woods and the crowds cheered and dispersed as I thought and chided myself for being so reckless. UH! I have to apologize to the boy I loved. I waited till no one was looking, then ran off into the woods to find Hiccup. I eventually ran into this place that would have looked beautiful if it was not raining cats and dogs right now and saw Hiccup and a Night Fury. Oh No! It shot a plasma blast at me and I blacked out, but felt a small kiss on my lips. I woke up to see blood on the floor and a dagger lying on the ground. No! NO! NO! I ran and picked up the dagger to see Hiccup' initials carved on it. Hiccup died to protect me from the Night Fury and he kissed me before he was eaten whole. I wept openly, YES! The fearless Astrid Hofferson wept. I cried for what must have been hours. At least,I got to kiss him before he died. Who am I kidding, I felt awful, I regretted rejecting him and bullying him all these years, but regretted most of all, not being able to confess my feeling for him. Now he is in Valhalla, died not knowing I loved him. It was too  late now. The sun rose and it was officially a new day. But, there was one thing missing both in the world and my heart, Hiccup. I cleaned myself up and headed back to the village of Berk miserably. I rushed to the chief of Berk,Stoick the Vast, Hiccup's father and said,"I am sorry, I couldn't protect Hiccup, he is dead." Stoick's eyes widened in shock and shouted,"WHAT! THIS BETTER NOT BE A PRANK! WHAT HAPPENED!" Stoick replied. I recounted the incident to him and he said,"Lock the criminal up in her house, she caused my son to die!" I was carried by the scruff of my neck to my room and locked up and was too tired to fight back. I cried myself to sleep, Hiccup was gone and it was all my fault. I shut my eyes, as my heart shattered into a million pieces.