Chapter 3: Toothless

Hey guys! I hope that you are enjoying the story so far! Ok! Now on to the story!

Hiccup's POV

After spiralling down a hill and blacking out, I finally awoke to the sound of a growl. I opened my eyes just to be blinded again by the sudden change of lighting. It was morning now! I am in so much trouble. I opened my eyes and took in my surroundings. It was breathtaking, there was a lake with pristine waters and mossy walls surrounding the place, and there was an angry-looking night fury in front of my face. Wait! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! There's a night fury in front of my face and it does not look happy! I rolled away and got up quickly, adrenaline coursing through my veins. Then I realized that it was helplessly trapped in a bola. Yes! MY invention worked! I was elated and at the same time super scared. I approached it with my dagger and was about to end its misery when I saw green eyes looking at me and it was missing a tail and looked just pitiful. He looked so much like me. I brought the dagger down, but stopped again and again. I just couldn't kill a doppleganger of myself, it looked like me right now. Instead, I cut its ropes and set it free. As soon as it was free,it got up on its legs and growled loudly at me. I instantly regretted my actions. Now Hiccup the Useless was going to die right here and now! I held my dagger up but it only looked more threatening and slowly approached me. I threw my dagger in the lake,hoping that it would realize that I didn't mean it and harm. As soon as I threw my dagger in the lake,it looked at me strangely,tilting its head and said Hmm! That's not usual! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! " You can speak!" I said. The Night Fury only looked confused and deep in thought and said You can understand me? . " Yes" I replied. Yes I have finally found the Dragon Prince!Hey You can call me toothless! Don't be afraid human, I am kinda harmless and won't hurt you! it said. "What is the Dragon Prince?"I asked. The one chosen to finally end the war between the dragons and humans!  "Why did you ask if I could understand you?"I asked. Only the Dragon Prince would understand dragonese! I am currently speaking a different language from Norse and if you can understand me then you are the Dragon Prince. With that,I passed out in shock.