Chapter 22: Attack

Astrid's POV

I woke up and saw no one with me. That was the most shocking thing. Where was H, did something happen? I got up and saw H sleeping on the floor. He shouldn't do this, he has a tough day teaching everyone and me, cooking, helping others. My master should not be sleeping on the floor while the servant sleeps on the bed, it's just not right. Besides, he is caring and does not treat me like some kind of ordinary student or servant, he gives me so much, more than what I got at Berk. 

I went over to him and tried to carry him. He was surprisingly light and I was able to lift him.

I carried him for 1 second before he woke up and flipped off me and pinned me to the floor. Ow. 

Astrid: Calm down, it's only me. 

H: Oh, I am so sorry Astrid, I didn't mean to. 

He released me and pulled me up.  We were so close. He backed away and I had to restrain myself from jumping on him and kissing him like there is no tomorrow. But, what if he doesn't like me back? Nope, it's simply too risky.

H: Well, it's time to train. 

Astrid: What time is it?

H: Quite early in the morning. 

Astrid: Must we do it now. 

H: Enemies could attack at any given moment and we need to be prepared for what comes next.

I groaned, remembering yesterday, well he had it worse. How does he deal with all the stress and everything. I did my daily morning routine of washing my face and washing my mouth. 

Then, we headed down to the field. The rest of the Berkians were playing with their dragons and seemed happy. From dragon killers to dragon riders. That was a big change. 

H: Good job guys, Astrid, do you want to train by yourself or join me. 

Join him, forever. 

Astrid: Join you. 

H: Okay, then.

We did basic stuff like teaching them commands which was not basic but like sit or run. Then, the hard part came. He taught us how to do the attack sign and all the flying maneuvres. 

I signalled to StormFly to do a barrel roll and we flipped. It was scary and at the same time, so freaking AWESOME. I whooped and screamed in fear. Well, I was screaming ever since I took off so not really much of a difference.  

H: You're doing great Astrid!

H was riding on Toothless and getting Gobber's Hotburple to get up and fly. I beamed at this comment, he was proud of me. 
Time skip 

Hiccup's POV

It was so satisfying to see my students or the Berkians flying on dragons and improving, we were going to beat the crap out of Drago's dragon fleet. Astrid was one of my top students other than, of course Fishlegs in dragon knowledge. However, she was the top in flying, she had a inseparable bond with StormFly like me and Toothless, she was improving tremendously and I was proud of her. A beautiful goddess riding a dragon that was her. 

I taught them how to tell your dragons to shoot and the basics of flying with a few tricks like barrel rolls. All was going well until Drago happened. A few dragons out of nowhere came into sight and dive bombed us. There were two Typhoomerangs and three Changewings.

Astrid: IS THIS PART OF THE TRAINING?

H: NO, we're under attack. 

I got on Toothless and we  rose to face our foes. They shot acid at us and we barely dodged it. My students were not so lucky. Gobber almost got hit and he jumped to dodge it. We finally got his dragon to fly in the air and guess Gobber thought he was on the ground because he jumped off and dropped through the air to land on the ground with a resounding crash. GOSH DARN IT! I cannot let my friend get injured, he was the only one who actually cared for me at Berk.