🤖Mystery/Thriller - @chocoholic_201🤖

We request the participants to follow chocoholic_201 permanently

Glad to have you as a judge in our awards.

Sent to us on 13/09/2020

***

Mystery (season 1) by priyankashaurya

Cover- 7/10
The cover is ok. I would suggest you to order a cover from a cover shop.

Title- 8/10
The title is ok. You could kept a better title to grab the attention of the readers

Blurb- 4/10
Blurb is not enough. "A murder revenge story" is only mentioned. You can add some dialogues from the story.

Hook & plot- 15/15
The plot was quite interesting & it kept me hooked.

Increased your curiosity- 5/5
Yes the story increased my curiosity to a great extent.

Writing style and grammar- 7/10
The writing style is good.

But there are a lot of grammatical errors do pay attention to that.

Character development- 15/15
The Character development was good.

Followed- 10/10

Overall impression- 14/15
Overall the story was quite interesting. The twists were unexpected and undoubtedly I loved it.

Total- 85/100

***

Mumma where are you?? By animasikku

Cover- 9/10
The cover is beautiful.

Title- 6/10
The title is not perfectly matching with the story. I mean the title sounds like as if a child is searching for his mother whereas the actual story is that Avni is a soldier who has put stake on her life to save the innocent ones.

Blurb- 8/10
The blurb is nice. You could have added some dialogues from the story to make it more interesting.

Hook & plot- 10/15
The story was quite predictable so it didn't keep me hooked. The main thing is that the story is more of emotional than its mystery.

The plot is nice, I really appreciate that you wrote a story on the army.

Increased your curiosity- 2/5
No much but yes it did increase my curiosity a lot at the end before Avni slipped down.

Writing style & grammar- 8/10
The writing style is beautiful.

There were few grammatical errors & typos too. "..." are used unnecessarily somewhere, I mean one . Is enough to end a sentence. Most importantly instead of you "u" is used. I suggest you to write and instead of you.

Character development- 13/15
Considering it a one shot the Character development is good.

Followed- 10/10

Overall impression- 10/15
Overall i was very emotional reading the story but since it's placed under mystery genre so I can't give you much marks. Nonetheless the story is nice.

Total- 76/100

***

Koi Laut Ke Aaya by laailaaa_

Cover- 7/10
The cover is not giving any vibes of mystery. I would suggest you to keep a dark, classy cover to make it look mysterious.

Title- 10/10
The title is perfect

Blurb- 10/10
The blurb is perfect

Hook & plot- 13/15
The plot was nice. Yes I was hooked.

Increased your curiosity- 3/5
Yes it increased my curiosity to some extent

Writing style- 6/10
The writing style is good, but I felt it needs little improvement.

There were some grammatical errors please take care of that.

Character development- 10/15
The Character development is ok. But I felt you could have given a Character sketch as I felt confusion in some parts when some of the other characters were suddenly introduced.

Does the author followed you - 10/10

Overall impression- 12/15
There were grammatical errors & the sudden introduction of the Characters were making disturbing the flow of the story, rest everything was ok. Overall the story was nice, I had a great time reading the story.

Total- 81/100

***

Bamboo Doesn't Grows In Dark Spaces by LibraPhoenix

Cover- 10/10
The cover is perfect.

Title- 10/10
The title is perfect.

Blurb- 9/10
The blurb is alright. You could have still increased it a bit.

Hook & plot- 15/15
The plot is very interesting. The moment I started reading I was hooked to it.

Increased your curiosity- 5/5
Yes, it increased my curiosity.

Writing skills & grammar- 10/10
Your writing skills are excellent.

You have taken a great care of grammar.

Overall impression- 14/15
Overall the story was quite unique. I had a great time reading it.

Total- 98/100

***

Avniel: My fate by Lyfaks10

Title- 8/10
The title is nice but I feel it could have been more better

Cover- 8/10
The cover is beautiful

Blurb- 6/10
The blurb is nice. But you could have added few more paragraphs or dialogues from the story. It was short.

Hook and plot- 8/15
The plot was nice but since the mystery hasn't yet come so I wasn't much hooked.

Increased your curiosity- 2/5
The book was lacking the mystery part so it could not increase my curiosity much.

Writing style and grammar- 5/10
The writing style needs a lot of improvement. I see you use emojis and "...." My suggestion is you instead of giving an emoji express the emotion through your writing. And instead of so many dots use a si baat dot.

You need to pay attention to the grammar part.

Character development- 13/15
In this book avni's pov is given most of the times. I feel you show Neil's pov also. Both the Character should be shown at a right balance. Since the story is still ongoing I don't know whether you will write them in the future or not but I have judged till I have read.

Followed- 10/10

Overall impression- 13/15
Overall the story is nice but you have lost marks due to lack of mystery content in your story. Avoiding that it was a beautiful story. Pay attention to grammars and don't use emojis.

Total- 73/100