Part 21

Kit King
He looked breathtaking dressed up like that. His hair sat perfectly and his suit couldn't have looked better on anyone else.
But no matter how good he looked he was acting strange.
He wanted to be around me, he wanted to show me affection infront of everyone.
It was unusual and I didn't understand why.
But I was enjoying being close to someone. It was the first time in my life that I had felt close to anyone at all.
The way he kissed me like that infront of everyone made my knees go weak. Even the feel of his cold hand on the bare skin that was revealed on my back felt comforting.

"Can we walk?" Draco whispered  as more people came onto the dance floor as a more upbeat band took to the small stage.
I nodded and he took my hand, leading me away from the great hall and the noise. We walked hand in hand out of the building and down the corridor. We walked in silence until we were out of sight from everyone but still in the light of the corridor.
"I have something for you." He said and I stopped in my tracks frowning. He laughed lightly before pulling a small box from his pocket.
"You got me something?"
"I know you don't like Valentine's Day and we're not, well, just open it." He sighed and I smiled.
I took the box from his hand and took off the silver ribbon.
As I opened it the first thing that caught my eye was the note.
I took it out of the box and read it.

'You're Welcome. ~Draco.'

I rolled my eyes and removed the packaging around whatever was inside.
My mouth fell open.
Inside the little box was a necklace. But it wasn't just a standard necklace, it had a silver chain that was littered with small emerald jewels  and had a larger jewel in the centre with a clasp at the back.
"Draco, I-"
"Don't say anything. Here." He said and took the necklace out of the box. I held my hair out of the way as he clasped it round my neck.
I could feel the weight around my neck and I knew it couldn't have been cheap.
I turn back round to him and smiled.
I kissed his cheek but his face stayed stone cold.
"It's beautiful." I whispered. "Here." I said and took a similar box out of my own pocket.
"What's this?"
"It's for you." I said and he furrowed his eyebrows.
"You got me something?"
"Of course." I said.
He took the small box out of my hand and quickly opened it, before letting out a gasp that was barely audible.
He took out the small ring and looked it over. It was a golden signet ring and I had an emerald jewel put in the middle along with the engraving of his initials.
"I know you'll get the family one soon, but until then," I said and he slipped it onto his little finger. He twisted it round and looked at it again closely.
"It's, erm, I don't know what to say." He said and I suddenly became nervous.
I had actually tried to get something that he would like and wear, and though it didn't matter to me, it wasn't cheap.
"It's perfect." He said and finally a smile came into his face.
I breathed a sigh of relief as we wrapped his arms around me.
"Thank you." He smiled before pressing a sweet kiss to my lips.

It had been a beautiful night, the best day I had had since being at this school.
But there was still something that could have made it better.
We were sat at one of the round tables back in the great hall, Draco had discarded his jacket, I had taken off my heels, and we were both sat side by side and hand in hand. His thumb casually stroked the back of my hand and in that moment I wanted nothing more than for him to turn to me and ask me to be his girlfriend.
"Kit," Draco said making my heart beat as he turned his head to me.
"Yes?" I asked, thinking I knew what was coming, preparing my answer.
"Stay with me tonight?" He asked and I couldn't help but stare at him blankly.
"Well that's not what I was expecting." I sighed.
"What were you expecting?"
"Nothing."
"Then stay with me." He grinned and I felt heat rush to my neck.
"Gross no. I am not sharing a room with the other boys. That's gross." I scoffed.
He leaned into my ear and I stared forward as he whispered to me.
"No one uses the prefects dorm."