War-2

Brooklyn's POV...

The van is almost here. I can't tell if anyone else is in the van with Aj. There seems to be a cloth separating the front from the back.

Brooklyn: Open the gate!

Stanley has been waiting for my word to open the gate. Aj drives in as fast as he can, and goes straight to the garage. I hurry down from atop the gate and run over. Everyone else has already beaten me there.

Aj pushes through everyone and walks towards his house.

Me: Aj! Get over here!

He doesn't stop. He doesn't even say anything.

Maren: Clementine said to let him go.

Me: Clem is here?

Maren: Yeah.

Me: Shit.

You: Ruby!

Y/N calls from inside the garage. Ruby hurries in and walks to the back of the van.

Me: What's happening?

Y/N walks out and to the entrance. He reaches up to grab the door.

Louis: What's up?

Violet: Is everything ok?

He pulls the garage door down without saying a word. He looks pissed, and worried at the same time.

Ana: What's his deal?

Stanley: Not our place to know if he doesn't want to tell us.

I sneak away from everyone. I know an unconventional way into the garage. I took time out my nights the first week to find every entrance and exit to the public buildings. Didn't want to intrude on anyone's privacy, so I didn't do that to everyone's houses.

There's an old metal workbench around the back of the garage. If I move it a few feet I can get on top of it and reach one of the windows. The windows are high on the sides of the buildings, probably for better lighting.

I get the table in place and look through the window. The van doors are closed, so I can't see what's in it. I open the window and pull myself through. I hang onto the edge as I lower myself in. I have to drop to reach the ground again.

I hear a sigh. I think they're on the other side of the van. I make my way around. Y/N is standing with his back to me, his hands on his face.

Me: Y/N?

He turns around to look at me.

Y/N: How'd you get in?

Me: There's a window around the back. Just have to do a bit of climbing.

Y/N: I shut the door so no one would come in.

Me: I know. Didn't care.

Y/N: Not surprised.

He looks away from me again and starts pacing.

Me: What's going on? Is Clem ok?

Y/N: Clem is fine.

Me: Then what's happening?

Y/N: Where's Marina?

Me: Uh... Listen... We don't know.

Y/N: Aj took her. Followed us.

Me: Oh thank God she's ok.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.