War-9

You're walking back to the Rest Stop, holding your left arm. Blood is seeping past the shrapnel lodged in it. It's not much, but it has started to change the color of your clothes. It sends shocks of pain through your the stump every few seconds.

Those people were from Anarchy, which means they know you're here. Ajax followed you back... But why would he let you leave Anarchy? You don't know what they're plan is. All you know is that they're going to come back. They'll bring a force. They have the numbers and firepower.

You get close to the Rest Stop. You can see the wall, and the smoke rising from it, in the distance. With the gate broken, you're going to have to figure something out. You can't be fighting Walkers at all hours of the day. It isn't practical.

As you get closer, you can see Aj, and Stanley keeping Walkers from getting passed the gate. About a dozen bodies lie in front of them.

A Walker notices you as you get close to the Rest Stop. You let go of your left arm and grab your knife. The Walker reaches for you. You put the knife in its head. You can't pull it out too well with just one hand, so you plant your foot on its leg and push it over. The knife comes out cleanly.

Aj: Y/N!

You: Yeah. I'm back.

You walk past a Walker that tries to get you. It's too slow to reach you and just follows behind.

Aj: I was going to come after you when I heard the explosion.

You: Why didn't you?

Aj: I knew you were probably fine.

You: Good.

You pat him on the arm as you walk past.

You: You're thinking with your head now.

You look around.

You: Where is everyone?

Stanley: Meeting in the bar.

You: Thanks.

The bar isn't too far from the gate. It only takes you a few seconds to get to it.

Louis: We can fix it.

Brooklyn: We don't even know what's going on. We were attacked, fixing it may not be priority at the moment.

You get in, clutching your left arm, and lean against the doorway.

Clem: Y/N!

Clementine gets up and hurries over to you. Ruby sees that your face is covered in blood, and that you're holding your arm.

Ruby: What did you do?

You: Shrapnel cut my cheek open, and I have some stuck in my arm.

Ruby: Oh my God. Let me go get ready.

She gets up and leaves.

Clem: Are you ok?

You: Yeah, I'm fine.

She doesn't hug you, probably worried that she'll hurt you.

Clem: What happened?

You: There were some guys that came to the gate. I stopped them.

Brooklyn: Yeah you did.

You: They all had bombs and only one of them got it off.

Clem: What was the second explosion?

You: Me hoping that I could draw some Walkers away.

Clem: What did they want?

You: To weaken us.

Clem: Why?

You: They're from Anarchy.

Brooklyn: That fucking... I bet he told them where we were. I knew nothing good could come from him being here. We should have killed him.

You: Now we have to deal with letting him go. No sense in getting stuck on that, when they want us dead.

Clem: Do you think we should leave?

You: Not really. We can defend this place.

Clem: We can't deal with the Walkers all the time.

You: I know, that's what I was thinking.

Clem: We could go live in that small town not far from here.

You: We could, but then we would have to split our people.

Clem: We run, or we do that.

You: How do we split it?

Brooklyn: You and me shouldn't be here at the same time. We're good together, but it would leave the other group more vulnerable.

You: Right. I could be here by myself. You take Stanley, Louis, or whoever wants to come when you're over here. When we hear the fighting start, I can run over, vice versa.

Brooklyn: Best impromptu plan we can have, I guess.

Clem: Are you sure you should be down here alone?

You: All I would have to do is hold out until the others get here. I doubt it would be that hard.

Ruby: Y/N!

You can hear Ruby yelling from outside.

You: Alright. You guys figure everything out. Love you Clem.

Clem: Love you.

You: Love you Marina.

She's still sitting where Clementine was. She smiles at you even though you know she's scared.

Marina: Love you Daddy.