Chapter 5- Different

After a reasonably stress free day, the club members left their classroom and proceeded to go on with their days. After a quick moment of courage, Azlan decided to go on her date with Mary-Anne without their friends.

Azlan's arm was looped with Mary-Anne's. Azlan rolled her eyes as they approached a mechanics shop, aptly called 'The Garage'.
"Ugh, are you gonna make fun of me fixing cars again? Cos if you are-"

"-No! Just trust me, ok?", asked Mary-Anne.

Azlan sighed but nodded. When they entered the shop they saw an array of different cars, all messed up in some way. She quickly took her coat of to reveal blue overalls.

Azlan just stared at her for a few seconds, unable to comprehend what was happening.
"W-Wait... why are you... when did you... huh?"

Mary-Anne laughed.
"I know how much you like fixing up cars. I know I teased you about it before, but if it's something you like, then I want to give it a go."

Azlan felt as if her heart had grown three sizes. It was hard for her to comprehend why someone would do this for her.

"Azzy, are you ok?", asked a concerned Mary-Anne. She placed a hand on Azlan's shoulder.

Azlan pulled the girl into a tight hug. "You're the best."

Azlan spent the next few hours teaching Mary-Anne how to fix the cars. The evening ended in a water fight, with the girls ending up cleaner than the cars.

Mary-Anne and Azlan held hands as they walked back to Azlan's house. "Thanks for today, Mary-Anne. I had the best day."

Mary-Anne smiled.
"You're my girlfriend. I aim to please."

Azlan's eyes widened.
"G-Girlfriend?"

Despite referring to each other as girlfriends when talking to friends, the pair had never actually made their relationship status known to each other. Azlan had hoped Mary-Anne liked her as much as she liked Mary-Anne, but she didn't expect her to actually say the word.

Mary-Anne blushed.
"Yeah. W-Well, if you want to be."

Seeing the usually chill Mary-Anne all flustered made Azlan realise that she wasn't totally out of her league. "Yeah. I'd like that."

Mary-Anne smiled. She leaned in and connected their lips. Mary-Anne gently cupped her face, and Azlan placed a hand on the hall to steady herself, letting out a little groan when her back hit the wall.

Suddenly, Azlan's door flew open. "Er, Mum, someone's eating Azzy's face!"

______________

The next morning, the club met before their lessons started. There seemed to be even more hostility between Quinn and Bennett than usual.

"Why the heck would you violate Maya's ears like that?", questioned an irate Quinn.

"We needed to find her quickly!", defended Bennett.

"Then you text her! Or call her. Put a banner up, write it in the sky. Not deafen her!", yelled Quinn.

"Whatever", said Bennett.