Chapter 8

Goldclaw couldn't take his eyes of the sky. The swirling grey clouds that heralded no rain, just thunder and lightning. A drystorm, and a big one.

None of them could sleep. Everyone in SunClan was wide awake. And that was a good thing.

Above one of the loudest cracks of thunder yet a yowl rang out. 

"StrongClan attack!"

And just like that, a battle had began. 

Five toms charged into the dens, met by the remaining SunClan warriors.

Goldclaw soon found himself locked in a struggle with Foxtail, and he found that he had no guilt. 

"You traitor!" he snarled. "Choosing rouges over your own clan! We're better off without you!"

Foxtail didn't reply, he just sank his teeth into Goldclaw's shoulder.

All around them other cats were shrieking, hurling insults at the cats who they had once sat side by side with.

The loudest of all being Gracestar. 

"Why are you doing this?" she demanded, sounding more shocked than angry. 

"You're all thieves," Sootbreeze spat back. "Those herbs were ours!"

"They were never yours to begin with!" Burnfire shouted, barreling into the StrongClan leader. "We have shared the territory with RainClan for generations and everything on them! You cannot take a part of our land and deny us access to everything on it!"

Side by side with Gracestar, the two of them swiped at Sootbreeze until he retreated with a howl of pain. 

Determined not to lose Goldclaw dug his claws into Foxtail's belly, earning a cuff across one ear the process, before he was able to throw the tom off. As the ginger cat staggered back he lunged forward and tried to bite him, but the traitor was already turning to flee.

One by one, the traitors fell back until they were pushed up against the den wall. Shallowpool began to desperately claw a hole while the rest of StrongClan fended off the circling SunClan warriors.

"Go! Go now!" Sootbreeze ordered, pushing the calico tom out. 

One by one the toms darted through the hole in the den wall until only the brown tom was left. 

"This is not over," he promised. "We will get you back for stealing. One day you will all know that we were right to do what we have done, and my vision will finally come true. But for now, we will make RainClan pay as well!"

The he whipped around, and fled.