14. Home

Gladion's POV

     The last night had been crazy: Gladion finding Snow, the walk on the beach, and then, their first kiss. He smiled to himself and stood up, walking to the little area that served as his kitchen. Sure, he wasn't a great cook, but oatmeal was easy enough. The last night, Snow told him that it was her favorite breakfast food, so he was going to make it for her.

     Snow. He put the bowl into the microwave, and looked over to the couch, where Snow was, fast asleep. With her eyes closed and her worries gone, she looked so much younger. Her face was quiet, placid, her breaths soft, like a cat's. Her arms and legs were tucked under her neatly. She was an organized sleeper, that was for sure. Usually, Gladion would find himself in the morning with his arms and legs splayed outwards in every which direction. 

     He didn't understand why, of all the girls in Alola, did he like her the most. Gladion barely knew her, anyways: they had only been friends for a few weeks and talked sporadically. But something about her intrigued him, and made him want to know more about the Unova-born Trainer. When he looked away to the task at hand, he heard a small rustling, and saw Snow, opening her dark brown eyes and stretching. She smiled at him and stood up, Glaceon lifting its head and padding forwards.

     "Morning," she said, kneeling to hug her partner. Glaceon keened in greeting and touched its cheek to Snow's. She stood up and walked to Gladion. "Is that oatmeal I smell?" she said with a laugh in her voice. Gladion nodded.

     "I remembered you told me you liked oatmeal, so I made you some," he said. Snow laughed and took the bowl to the coffee table.

     "I can't believe you remembered," she said. "I literally cannot remember anything ever." She dipped a spoon into the bowl and began to eat. Gladion laughed, placed some Pokémon food on the floor for their partners, and sat down too with his bowl of oatmeal. The two Trainers ate in amicable silence, until their spoons clinked on the bare bowl. 

     "Done," they both said in unison. They looked at each other, and burst out into laughter. When they managed to regain control over their voices, Snow took Gladion's bowl and placed it gently in the sink, and wiped her hands on her black leggings.

     "So, what are we doing today?" she said. Gladion shrugged and stood up, pulling out his black Rotom Phone.

     "I guess we could just explore a bit. It's been a while since I've been to Alola, and I bet things have changed from when I was a kid." he said. Snow nodded, and pulled out her own Rotom Phone.

     "I'm gonna shoot a text to my brother, and then we can go," she said. "I bet he's cackling over us right now." Gladion laughed and pulled on his shoes. Snow smiled. "Great. Now he's spamming me. I'm just going to turn my phone on silent."

     "Good idea," Gladion said as Snow laced on her boots. "So, how about Mele'mele Meadow?" he suggested. Snow nodded, and pulled out her Dive Ball. 

     "Glaceon, return." Tossing a Repeat Ball in the air, she smiled. "Let's go, Reshiram!" 

     A Legendary Pokémon? he thought to himself. How did she even manage to catch it? Snow smiled and patted Reshiram's back. "After my little brother used his Dragonite as a Ride Pokémon, I wanted to try it out too. We can both ride," she said. Gladion nodded and got on behind Snow. 

    "Hold on," she said to Gladion, and then patted Reshiram's neck. "Okay, let's go, Reshy!" The Pokémon raised its wings, and took flight so fast that Gladion nearly fell off. 

     "Gladion!" Snow yelled, and then grabbed his arm. "Seriously. Hold on to me," she said. Gladion wrapped his arms around Snow and pulled himself back on Reshiram's back.

    I have my arms around a girl. What would Mother think of this? he thought with a smile. She would probably freak out. But this isn't just any girl. This is Snow. 

     Soon, they had arrived at the yellow flowers of Mele'mele Meadow. Reshiram landed on the grassy ground, ducking its head down so Snow and Gladion could hop down. The two Trainers jumped down. "Thank you so much, Reshy. You're the best. Now, return and take a rest," she said holding out the Repeat Ball. Reshiram was returned into the Ball, leaving a space where Snow and Gladion could sit.

     "You know, I remember when I first checked out Mele'mele Meadow," Snow said. "These weirdos who I later found out called themselves 'Team Skull' tried to take Glaceon from me. My little brother taught them a lesson, though," she said with a small smile. Gladion looked away. He used to be a Team Skull Enforcer, but he quit that long ago when he left Alola. Now that he had learned that they had tried to steal from Snow...they wouldn't be seeing him ever again. Gladion turned his head and forced a laugh. Snow's eyebrows furrowed.

     "What's wrong?" she asked. Gladion shook his head. Now was not the time. But when he looked into those brown eyes, he took a breath and nodded. Fine.

     "I used to be a Team Skull Enforcer," he said. "And now I wish I never was. After I left Alola, I quit. I don't know why I didn't see from the start that they were idiots." Snow shrugged. 

     "It doesn't really matter anymore. You left them anyways. Not a big deal." she said. Gladion let out a silent sigh of relief. Thank Arceus she didn't freak out. Snow stood up, offering her hand to his. "How about we go walk around the flowers?" 

     "Sure," he said. As they walked, yellow flower petals, delicate as snowflakes, blew around them. Snow smiled when several lodged into her black hair. Flicking them away, she looked out into the meadow. Gladion turned to stand next to her. More petals swirled around them in the soft breeze, as the Alolan sun shone on the two Trainers brightly.