19. Champion

Third Person POV

     "All right. This is the battle between the Sinnoh League Champion, Cynthia, and Trainer Axol of Icirrus City, Unova! Each Trainer will be allowed two Pokémon." Snow announced. Cynthia tossed a Poké Ball in the air.

     "Let's do this, Milotic," she said. "You're up!" Axol grinned and threw a Poké Ball onto the battlefield.

     "Dragonite, I choose you!" he said. Snow smirked. Classic. 

     "Okay, battle- begin!" Snow yelled.

     "Milotic, use Waterfall!" Cynthia yelled. A wave of water crashed onto Dragonite. Once the water was gone, Dragonite shook its head and roared.

     "Use Sky Judgement!" Axol said. Dragonite soared into the air, and then swooped downwards, sweeping Milotic into a damage-dealing dive. 

     "Now, use Surf!" A giant wave formed on the tarmac, Milotic on top, until it dove down onto Dragonite in a sort of Aqua Jet-like attack. Dragonite fell to the pavement, eyes dull.

     "Dragonite is unable to battle. Axol, bring out your next Pokémon." Snow said. Axol nodded and tossed another Poké Ball up in the air.

     "Let's go, Ampharos!" Axol yelled. But before Ampharos came out of the Poké Ball, Milotic shuddered and crashed to the pavement.

     "Looks like that Sky Judgement was more powerful than it let on," Snow said. "Then Cynthia, bring out your next Pokémon." Cynthia nodded and tossed another Poké Ball, revealing a Kommo-o. 

     "Okay, let's resume." Snow said, and both Trainers nodded. 

     "Ampharos, Volt Switch!" Axol yelled. A beam of electricity hit Kommo-o, causing it to convulse for a bit. Once it regained its composure, it stood back up, ready for an attack.

     "Use Boomburst!" Cynthia yelled, her blond hair swinging, grey eyes filled with determination. "We won't loose. After that Boomburst, use Dragon Claw!" 

     Ampharos was directly hit by the Boomburst, but managed to dodge the Dragon Claw. "Now, Ampharos, let's do this!" Axol yelled, and touched a crystal on his wrist. "Mega Evolution!"

     Ampharos grew in size, its head and tail sprouting thick white-grey hair. After the Mega Evolution was complete, Ampharos roared.

     "Now, use Zap Cannon!" Axol said, his voice loud and clear. Another beam of electricity, this time stronger and brighter than the last, hit Kommo-o squarely in the face. The electricity crackled and created a giant dust cloud, obscuring the battlefield in grey. Snow coughed, shielding her face with her arm. Once the dust cleared, who would be the winner?

     The smoke eventually cleared away, leaving behind the figures of two Trainers and two Pokémon, all standing. Suddenly, one fell to the ground. 

     It was Kommo-o.

     "I win!" Axol yelled, pumping his fists in the air and jumping like a madman. "We did it. We beat the Sinnoh Champion. How about that, Ampharos?" Ampharos ran towards Axol, shrinking back to its normal state. They hugged, while Cynthia returned Kommo-o to its Poké Ball.

     "You did great, Kommo-o. Return and rest." she said. "Congratulations, Axol. You beat me." The two Trainers shook hands. Axol bounded up to Snow, who was grinning.

     "You did it," Snow said. "Guess I owe you an ice cream cone now. What flavor?" Axol grinned and bumped his fist with Snow's.

     "Chocolate chip cookie dough, or if there isn't any, strawberry," he replied without missing a beat. Snow laughed, but then Cynthia came running up.

    "Did someone just say strawberry?" she asked. "Because that's my favorite food and if we're getting anything related to it, I'm in." Snow laughed.

     "Before the battle, we made a deal that if Axol won, I'd get him some ice cream. I can get you strawberry ice cream, if you want, and a salted caramel for myself." Snow said. Cynthia nodded. 

     "Ice cream and strawberries, the best combination. I'm in," Cynthia said. Snow nodded. 

    "Let's go, then," Snow said with a smile. "Ice cream waffle cones for everyone!"