38.

I woke up sweating with my heart racing.

It was another damm nightmare, almost the same one that i had yesterday.

I got out of bed and carefully walked to my door. I could only take a few steps at a time.

When i opened the door i saw that the entire house was completely dark, everybody was sleeping. I had no idea what time is was but i assumed that it was in the middle of the night.

I walked back to my bed and grabbed my blanket to wrap it around me like a cape.

Ashton said that some fresh air could clear a person's mind so why not sit outside for a minute.

I walked downstairs with one step at a time.

As i expected nobody was downstairs.

The door to the garden was the only door that they almost never locked. Just like today, it was open.

I entered to backyard and was immediately greeted by the cold air. I wrapped my blanket tighter around me and closed the door behind me.

I walked into the grass and let myslef fall in the middle of it. Ashton was right, some fresh air could clear your mind.

After a while i heard someone open the door the backyard.

When i turned my head around i saw that it was Luke.

"Why are sitting here?" He asked as he sat down next to me.

"Couldn't sleep."

"Nightmares?"

I shook my head.

"Then what is bothering you?" He asked concerned.

You wanna know what he said to me before he did it?" I said with tears in my eyes.

"He said that he wasn't going to hurt me and that i could trust him. He even told me that he loved me. "

The tears i was trying to hold back where finally let go.

"He promised me that he wouldn't hurt me" I cried out to Luke.

He moved closer to and sat down in front of me. He didn't touch me which was what i wanted.

"He fucking promised." I whispered through my tears.

"He was a terrible man who tried to manipulate you. You shouldn't believe a word he said."

"It's like he's still here. I keep hearing his voice."

Luke moved himself next to me. "He's not here anymore. He can't hurt you. You're safe." He whispered to me.

I hesitantly relaxed my head on Luke's shoulder. I wanted to trust him so badly but i just couldn't.

Luke moved his hand, it was only an inch but it was enough for me to distance myself form him.

I quickly put my head up and moved away from him.

Luke gave no reaction to this which was a wise decision.

"I wanna see Jasmin."

He looked suprised at me.

"Are you sure that you're up for it? I mean there's a pretty big change that she's going to ask questions. Questions you won't feel comfortable answering."

"I need things to go back to normal. I need some distraction from my own thoughts."

"Alright but i or someone else will join you. Just in case something happens."