Chapter 12

Violet's POV.

"And I win, yet again," I put my controller on the table and turned to smirk at Jeremy.

"I have never met a girl who has bet me in that game 5 times in a row," he looked at me in wonder after putting his controller on the table to join mine.

"Well now you have," I shrugged, sitting back.

"Where'd you get that?" Jeremy asked, pointing at the scar on my stomach and trailing his finger lightly over it making me shiver slightly.

"My sister did me the honour of trying to murder me. That's where she stabbed me with a steak knife," I said breezily and had the pleasure of seeing his eyes grow wide.

"You're own sister?" he asked.

"The very one, Naomi McCutchen," I smirked, remembering her death clearly.

I'd dragged it out and saved her till last, after murdering the rest of the people at the house, and heard her scream in agony until Klaus had told me to hurry before killing her and sucking her dry until there was no blood left in her system. 

"Where have I heard that name before?" Jeremy looked deep in thought.

"1920, a house hold completely murdered and the youngest daughter missing," I recited what I'd been reading in history books ever since because my family was so wealthy it was a shock to wake up and find them all dead.

"You were the one that killed them all," Jeremy said as the pieces all fit into place.

"I should go," I said, standing up and grabbing my bag.

"Wait, why not only kill her?" he grabbed my arm and spun me around so we were only a breath apart.

"You didn't know how much everyone favoured her to me. I saved them all a lot of grief," I replied stiffly.

"You're family can't be that bad," he let go of my arm so we were just standing there.

"Couldn't, past tense; and trust me when I say they were," I stepped back, bumping into the door.

"I guess I'm not the only one with a messed up past then," he grinned.

"From what I've seen, it's impossible for me to believe that you of all people had a troubled past," I smirked.

"Both my parents and aunt are dead," he said in a rush and I saw it pained him to say so.

"Wow, so maybe your life is pretty messed up," I nodded in astonishment.

"That's what I like about you," he smiled.

"What is it that you like about me? That I tell you how messed up your life is?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You state the facts instead of dodging them like everyone else," he replied.

"I'll take that as a compliment I think," I laughed.

"Don't go, I'm hungry and you can help me with dinner," he stepped back.

Looking outside I realised the sun was setting and I couldn't help being startled, time had flown without us even realising; or at least without me realising.

"I guess I could do with some normal food," I smiled ruefully and followed him into the kitchen.

"So next question," Jeremy stated.

"What is this, 20 questions?" I commented cockily.

"Something like that," he laughed, pulling out a frying pan, "what's with that necklace? You always wear it."