{NSFW} Moving On - Old Joseph x Reader

Requested by @Laralc_05

Warnings: Old Joseph lemon comin' at ya bc he is hot hot HOT!

~~~~~~

After spending such a long time with the Crusaders, you could sense when things were off with them. Whether Polnareff was missing Sherry more than usual, or Jotaro was tense about his mother's condition, you were able to sniff out the problems pretty damn well.

So, when the glue keeping you all together, Joseph Joestar, started acting up, you were quick to notice.

"Is everything alright?" You asked him, concern in your voice as you laid your hand on his arm.

His breath hitched in his throat when you touched him. "I'm fine," he replied with a smile, hurriedly shrugging you off.

You frowned as he walked ahead of the group. Frustrated, you turned to the person that knew him best.

"Hey, Avdol, what's up with Joseph?" You asked, falling in stride beside Avdol as you walked.

"It's... complicated," he replied.

You rolled your eyes. "Try me."

"He's probably missing his wife..."

You frowned. You'd heard about this before. Joseph's wife had passed away several years ago. While Joseph often hid his mourning behind his cheerful and goofy exterior, losing someone you've been married to for over 40 years was not an easy thing.

"Is there anything we can do?"

"If he's in one of his moods..." Avdol began, but stopped. He was about to say there was nothing you could do, but the truth was that there was nothing he could do.

You, on the other hand, might be able to do something.

Despite how perceptive you were, you were somehow unable to pick up on the effect you had on Joseph. Everyone else had noticed, even Jotaro, who was honestly rather uncomfortable with the fact that his grandfather had feelings for someone he had come to view as a friend.

Jotaro's apprehension aside, Joseph had become increasingly enticed by you throughout your journey to Egypt. You were always there with silly anecdotes when the going got tough, and you were always there for those that needed it. He admired both of those qualities just as much as he admired your beauty.

The gravity of the situation wasn't lost on Joseph. A 69 year old widower, he felt as though any advances he made would be unwanted. After all, you were young, in your 20's, and with a full life ahead of you. What would possibly draw you to him when there were clearly better options?

Joseph huffed a bit as he walked ahead of the group, lost in thought. How was he meant to suppress these feelings when you were around constantly? Perhaps that was why he had shrugged you off earlier, though everything in his heart had told him not to.

Meanwhile, Avdol explained in the subtlest way possible that Joseph felt comfortable around you, and perhaps you might actually be able to cheer him up a bit. You beamed, always wanting to help in any way you could.

When you all arrived at your hotel and checked in, you split up to go off to your separate rooms. You memorized Joseph's room number, planning on heading over later to talk.

You all reconvened for a quick dinner, the mood light and airy. Joseph still seemed on edge, though, and you felt awful that you couldn't help him here and now. Instead, you offered him sweet smiles every so often throughout the meal, to which he'd always respond by quickly looking away. You never noticed the pink on his cheeks when he turned his head, though.