little monkey

Chapter 21

TaeHyung and Y/n were in Y/n's bedroom settling down his things for the night.

"You have a sweet family," TaeHyung commented, sitting on the floor out of habit. Something that Y/n had now noticed about the boy that he rather sits more comfortably on the floor than on the couch or bed.

"They can be a pain in the ass sometimes." Y/n shrugged off. "Hey listen I was meaning to ask you, will you be going back home during summer break?"

"I really can't tell, why?"

"I will be graduating in a month and I want to spend time with you even after that. So I was thinking maybe we could go to the pride parade together? Of course, my family will there and some of my friends."

TaeHyung felt bubbles in this stomach. He forgot that there was only one month left with Y/n and after that, he would be alone again. He didn't know how he will manage a year without her after she had given him the worst habit of all time, the habit of her. She had become a habit for him and don't know if it will be easy to live without her.

"Sure, sounds good." He said with a smile. It will be the last time he will be able to meet her. He will try to make it worth it.

"Oh! I almost forgot. My brother will be here by the time of dinner. Just as a warning either he is going to be super overprotective over me or he will straight up flirt with you, there is no telling which one it will be ." Y/n said laying of her stomach and playing with Taehyung's hair.

"I didn't know you had one more sibling." He commented while closing his eyes. Enjoying the peace and feeling of Y/n's fingers running around his hair.

"Yeah, he is the oldest. He  lives fifteen minutes away from here so he just shows up whenever he pleases." She said. "Bit over dramatic and full of himself which you would get to see but he is the best brother I could have, don't tell that to him."
Taehyung chuckle to her last sentence.

"He sounds great."

"Children's dinner is ready!"  They heard one of Y/n's mother's voice.

•••

Y/n mentioned her brother to Taehyung and he was ready for it but he didn't expect it to one of his favorite YouTubers. He blinked multiple times just to make sure he wasn't an illusion. He found out he wasn't.

"So you're the little monkey my sister is dating?" Y/n's brother asked. He was taller than what Taehyung expected but still, his beauty was the same.

"Stop nagging him, Jin, or else I break your beauty mirror." Y/n threatened her brother.

"Oh come on little sister you don't have to be shy. But I had to say you did catch a handsome one." Jin commented while sipping wine- which they removed especially for their guest (not that it matter to Jin, he knew he can drink wherever he wants, he was their mother's favorite child- he likes to think that).

Y/n just looked at him in boredom, she took a spoon full of chicken threw it to her brother's face- who's jaw dropped in shock.

"How dare you b-witch!" He shouted. He looked at their mom's "moms did you see with she did?"

Their mom's just sigh.

"If you had one more food fight on this table then you both will be responsible for taking care of your grandmother's tea party for a month." One of them said.

"But mom-"

"No buts Jin we have a guest here please just for his sake let this dinner go normal." Their other mother spoke up.

"Oh come on mum, I am sure he is being entertained, right monkey?" Jin asked TaeHyung who was staring at the family in amaze. They definitely were different.

"Umm... yes." He answered the man.

"See," Jin smirked at his mum. "By the way monkey, What do you do?"

"I am a business major student," Taehyung answered.

"Oh, a future businessman! Wow Y/n I have to say you never had such a good taste in boys before. Beauty with brains such a perfect combination."

Y/n just rolled her eyes hearing her brother insult her choice in boys.

"We are not dating you, idiot." She said.

"Oh so is our monkey single?" Jin asked excitedly. "Monkey will you mind dating me?" He asked staring straight into the boy's eyes making him jump off the sudden question.

"I-" TaeHyung was flushed would be an understatement. He could feel his face heating up and his brain stopped working. It's not every day that you meet your favorite influencer in real life and they ask you out. It was totally something out of fanfiction.

"Stop making him uncomfortable." Y/n scold him. "Plus he already has someone he likes."

"Here goes my chance to have him," Jin commented but not really getting affected by it, after all, he loves teasing kids. "So who is it? Is it someone from your college?" He asked.

Y/n didn't interrupt this time, Tae hasn't told her yet who that person really was so she was really curious.

"A-actually i-its u-umm," Taehyung stuttered, Y/n noticed him getting uncomfortable with the topic.

"Tae do you know, Jin has a youtube channel."

She was glad she changed the topic because she could see stars in her friend's eyes.

"I do!" He said. "I didn't know how to bring this topic up but Jin Hyung I love your videos, especially the makeup looks!"

"Hyung? That's so cute. Now am I your big brother?" Jin asked.

"No! It's just- you're older than me and I can't just call you by your name, that would be disrespectful."

Before Jin could even say anything Y/n interrupt him.

"Then why don't you call me Noona? Aint I older than you?" Y/n asked sounding offended. She could see her friend's face turning pink and was avoiding eye contact with her.

"Technically I had to call you sunbae because you're my senior but it would weird to call it on the campus. "

Okay, he was right. Y/n just remain quite eating her food.

"Oh by the way n/n ( your nickname) how is your internship going on?" One of Y/n's mother asked.

"They are being well, I had a good bond with everyone there especially the assistant director and she said I can mostly get a job there."

"That's great honey!"

"Mom, can we play Uno after dinner is done?" Little Jack spoke who was being quite the whole dinner.