XXIV. The Virus

Will's stay with the Wheelers was coming close to an end as New Year's day was soon approaching. Will wished he could stay and just live with Mike and the Wheelers forever, but he knew that wouldn't be okay. 

Will liked his new house, but he didn't necessarily miss his new home. His new house, though he didn't like to talk about it, was a lot larger than the Wheeler's. Mike's house used to be the biggest out of the whole party, hence why everyone used to go to his place to play D&D. Now, Will had the largest home, yet it was too far away to be the party's new meeting place.

Staying on the subject of Will's new home, it had many vacant rooms that were empty and were to remain empty until needed. Hopper and Joyce chose this house for the reason being that they wanted it to be suitable to house one of their children's families. The house had three floors, including a finished basement. The main floor had the living room, kitchen and two closets. It also had a long hallway leading to a bathroom, a door to the basement, and an office. The second floor held all the bedrooms. Eleven's room was right across the hall from Will's Jonathan's was across from the master, and the bathroom. 

Living together had certainly built a bond between Will and Eleven. El didn't really have a childhood when she was growing up, so she enjoys talking with Will about things he and Jonathan used to do as kids. El was extremely happy to be a part of the Byer's family, she knew they would all protect her and love her until the end. She would never even think about Will possibly making her upset. 

With all of that being said, someone eventually would have to tell Eleven about Mike and Will's new relationship. Neither Mike nor Will had any clue how Eleven would react to her practical brother dating her now ex boyfriend, but time will tell. Mike and Will needed to talk about how, who, and when they would tell Eleven, but for now, they would continue to decorate the house for the New Year's Eve party Mike had planned.

Mike had always wanted to have a party on NYE with his friends, and this year they were all finally old enough to do so. Granted, Mike was only 17, Will 16, but they were old enough to be considered teenagers now. There would be lights, tinsel, glitter and streamers, and all sorts of fancy decorations Mike could find at the craft supply store he rode his bike to. Mike wanted this party to be special. He had never experienced what it was like to have a NYE kiss, but this year he had a boyfriend. Mike definitely wanted to spend the rest of his life with Will, so he needed this night to me the most memorable nights of both boys lives. 

Mike bought a few deocrations and drove home to his house to begin decorating, but was greeted by his mom waiting for him at the door. 

"Hey honey, where have you been all day?" Karen asked her son.

"I was shopping for the party tomorrow night" Mike replied

"Oh that's right, make sure you guys keep the noise down while you're setting up down there." She said

"I will... but can I ask why? " Mike said making his way to the basement door.

"Wills sleeping on the couch down there, he said he wasnt feeling good today so he went down to get some rest. Im sure he wouldn't appreciate an abrupt wakeup call." Karen explained

"Oh okay, Ill make sure I'm quiet. "

Mike went down the basement stairs with extreme caution in order to not wake the sleeping boy on the couch. He felt pity for Will because he wasnt feeling well, so once he got downstairs, he was very careful when he put his bags on the ground. He then sat on the floor next to the couch where Will was sleeping and began to run his thumb up and down on Will's face. Will very slowly turned over and opened his eyes.

"Im sorry, did I wake you" Mike whispered.

"No, Ive been up, just laying here", Will said, now pulling himself to sit up straight, "Show me what you got at the store." 

Wills interest in Mikes purchases made Mike feel excited. It was one of those little things that made Mike feel like he had purpose, even if it was just to show a few paper decorations he got for a few bucks. 

Mike eagerly began pulling outall different types of silver and gold decorations and a few different sets of string lights, explaining what his plan was with each and how he would decorate the basement. Will sat and listened with ease as he saw how passionate Mike was about this party. Once he got to the last decoration, Mike got up off of the floor and sat beside Will on the couch, wrapping his arm around Will's shoulder. Will was warm to the touch, yet he was shivering as if he was cold. Will melted into Mike's shoulder and rested his head into Mike's chest. 

"How are you feeling?" Mike said

"Better, not great, but better" Will answered.

"Whats the matter, Doctor Wheeler is in." Mike said, removing his arm from Will's shoulders and turns to face his new patient. 

"Uh, my head is a little warm", Will said as Mike got up from the couch and walked over to the bathroom. 

Will heard Mike rummaging around in some drawers until he finally emerged from the bathroom with a thermometer. Mike then walked over to a bin filled with Halloween costumes and pulled out a white lab coat. Mike then returned to his seat on the couch next to Will as Will sat and stared at Mike in shock.

"What are you doing" Will said with a smile on his face.

"I told you, Im a doctor." Mike said as he took the thermometer that he took from the bathroom and placed it in Will's mouth. "now open wide."

Will opened his mouth, held the thermometer in his mouth for a short while until Mike pulled it out and stared at it with a very fake look of concern.

"What is it" Will said, looking worried.

"Tsk tsk tsk.... Not good William" Mike said, looking at Will, "Seems to me you've caught a case of the grumpy dumpies and it can only be cured with rest and excessive snuggling," Mike said, placing the thermometer down on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"Oh, how ever will I recover from such a serious disease" Will said, pulling Mike in for a kiss and a warm hug.

"Oh no! You just spread the virus to me!" Mike said in distress

"And ill do it again" Will laughed, pulling Mike in for another kiss on the lips.

teehee, I hope I spooked ya with the chapter title. love u all <3

word count : 1169