4.Need You Now - Kyle Busch

"No Kyle, just know we have been together for seven years, seven long years and you are going to believe Joey over me?" Her voice was cold and hurt, you could tell she was crying. "Well, considering he saw the two of you together, yeah I am!" Kyle screamed at her, throwing his clothes into a bag and spinning on his heel toward the door. "Kyle, wait! I don't care if you don't believe me, but I swear to you, I am telling you the truth. I was never with anyone else, ever. That picture that you saw, that was Denny and I, yes, but that was at the Christmas party at Joe Gibbs eight years ago. Before you and I even got together. I would never cheat on you, Kyle. I would never hurt you. I love you, Kyle. So if you want to go, that's fine, but one day you will learn that I am not lying to you and that I never cheated on you." Her words were sharp, but barely over a whisper. He didn't even look at her. "No, Keegan. We're through." Just like that, he was gone. She spent the rest of her night picking up the mess they had caused. Both of them had one hell of a temper and were so hard-headed. They rarely had any arguments, but when they did, it resulted in the house becoming a baseball field. If it could be thrown, it was. Never at the other person, no one was ever hurt. She got on the phone with Denny, telling him everything. He assured her that Kyle would no doubt make a return and make it up to her. He never did.

She found herself sitting alone in what used to be her living room. It was just how she left it, almost ten months before. She sat on the floor looking around. She picked up her phone and dialed his number, but didn't hit the call button. "Picture perfect memories, scattered all around the floor, reaching for the phone 'cause I can't fight it anymore. And I wonder if I ever cross your mind. For me, it happens all the time. It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now, said I wouldn't call, but I've lost all control and I need you now. And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now." She had picked up a photo of Kyle and herself, standing in front of the house with the sold sign in the front yard. The day they bought the house. She looked down at the one in front of her, she and Kyle were standing in front of the Christmas tree, with matching Pajamas and cups of hot chocolate. She missed him so much.

Kyle sat in his apartment, a bottle of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Straight Rye Whiskey sitting open in front of him. He couldn't get his mind off of her. He hasn't won a race all season, making it his worst NASCAR cup series season. He knew she didn't cheat. He knew she was telling the truth, but after everything he said, there was no way she would forgive him. "Another shot of whiskey, can't stop looking at the door. Wishing you'd come sweepin' in the way you did before. And I wonder if I ever cross your mind. For me, it happens all the time. It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk and I need you now. Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now. And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now." Kyle sat down his shot glass as Denny walked in the door. "Come on Kyle we are going out." He gave Kyle a stern look and crossed his arms. "Not tonight, Denny." Kyle looked up at his friend and to the door standing open. "I'm not in the mood." Denny's voice got a bit louder. "I'm sick of seeing you like this Kyle, come on, let's just take a drive and we can talk." Denny didn't give Kyle the chance to answer before tossing Kyle's shoes to him. Kyle rode in silence as the car came to a stop. Kyle looked at Denny. "Why are we here?" Denny took the keys out of the ignition and opened his door. "Because you two are going to talk, like adults, and work this out." Kyle followed Denny to the door, not that he had much of a choice. Denny knocked but got no answer. "Keegan, I know you are in there it's Denny." He yelled through the door. Kyle pushed Denny to the side and pulled his key ring out of his jean pocket unlocking the door and opening it in seconds. Kyle motioned for Denny to walk in first. Kyle followed. Through the foyer and into the living room.

Denny sat on the couch and looked at Keegan. "Hey, How have you been?" Keegan shot him a glare. "Cut the crap Denny, why did you bring him here?" She asked, her face never changing. "Because Keegan, you two need to work this out. All he ever does is sit and drink when he's not working, and when he is at the track he can't concentrate because his mind is on you! You, on the other hand, quit your job as my P.R., you quit Joe Gibbs altogether. I have tried to contact you several times, to no avail, and you moved away from this house. So here I am, dragging my ass out at two am because the alarm company called me since both of your numbers had been changed, and they said that a woman had broken in, so I knew it was you. Now I am not leaving until you two resolve your issues. You two can't live without each other." He looked from Keegan to Kyle. Both of them looked at him. The silence was broken by small cries coming from the bedroom. Keegan stood to her feet and disappeared down the hall leaving Denny and Kyle with confused looks. She returned carrying a small bundle of blue in one arm and shaking a bottle in the other. She sat on the couch and look at Kyle. "I was going to tell you, I just didn't know how. I thought you hated me. I also know you didn't want kids. So I thought about not even bothering you." She stopped, getting her thoughts together. "This is why I quit Joe Gibbs." She was now looking at Denny. "I found out I was pregnant the day after the big fight. I mean, sure I would miss my job and all the guys. But my baby was more important. I couldn't stay in that situation after all that happened." She trailed off her thoughts and looked down at the baby in her arms.

Kyle didn't take his eyes off the bundle of blue. That was his baby, and he knew it. He walked over and kneeled in front of her. "Can I see him?" He looked at her, his voice soft. She adjusted the blanket so that Kyle could see his face. Kyle's eyes widened as a smile grew on his face. "He looks just like me." Was all he could manage and he wrapped both her and the baby in a hug. "Keegan, I am so sorry for everything I said, for ever believing that you cheated. I know it's going to take some time, but if you will let me, I want to be here, for you and for our son. I want to take care of both of you. I never want to live another day without you." He was crying, she could tell. He pulled away looking at her and down at the baby. The baby was looking back at him. "Hey, sweet boy. I'm your daddy." He smiled at the baby and looked back to Keegan. "What's his name?" She looked down at the baby and back to Kyle. "Thomas James Busch." Kyle and Denny both smiled. "Hey, little Tommy." Kyle smiled and reached out to take him. "Hey buddy, Daddy's got you, it's okay. Look I promise you that I will always be here for you, and mommy. I love you Tommy, and I love your mommy too." He looked up at Keegan who was standing by him. Always and forever.