5.Heads Carolina Tails California - Alex Bowman

"I present to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Bowman!" That were the last words from the preacher before Alex picked me up and carried me out of the church. All of our friends and family were gathered around throwing rice up in the air. This was perfect. Mr. Rick Henderick had our reception set up at his racing shop. Alex was thrilled. This was his life, this was our life. Everything was racing-related. The table clothes were Black, the napkins were checkered, and even the flowers were beautiful black and white roses. We danced our first dance, cut our cake, and we had a blast with everyone, thanking them all for coming. Before we knew it we had been there for hours. We could hear the sound of an engine, we turned around and saw the number 88 car Alex drives. Just Married written all over it. Alex was ecstatic. He looked down at me. "You ready to go on our honeymoon baby?" He asked, the biggest smile on his face. We got into the car and Alex started the engine, driving us back to our house so we could change. "You know, you never answered me, Bella." He said handing me one of his shirts. "Where do I want to go? Uh, I don't know, I mean we travel the country as it is. But I hate flying so out of the country is out of the question. Also, why did you give me your shirt?" I asked laying the shirt on the bed. "Well I thought you might wanna wear it, I know you love wearing your boyfriend's shirts. now you get to wear your husband's shirts, anytime you want." He smiled wrapping his arms around me. "As far as where to go, I mean, You are right we have been to many places. But I know that you have wanted to travel to California more than we have gotten to in the past." He planted a kiss on my cheek. I turned to face him. "I know you have been wanting to go to South Carolina for a while." I laid my head on his chest taking in the moment. "How about this, Mrs. Bowman. how about we go get in the car and just drive? Where we end up is where we will be for our honeymoon. " He let his arms fall and grabbed our bags taking them out to the car. We started down the street, I pulled out a quarter and looked at it with a smile. "What are you doing Bella?" Alex pulled to a red light, looking at me. "I have an idea," I said looking at him and back to my quarter. I looked up at Alex, him smiling so brightly watching me. I held up the quarter and said, "Heads Carolina, tails California, somewhere greener, somewhere warmer, Up in the mountains, down by the ocean, where it doesn't matter, long as we're goin' somewhere together, I got a quarter, heads Carolina, tails California." We smiled at each other as I flipped the quarter into the air.

The rest was history.