14.Kiss Kiss - Kyle Busch

Makayla woke up lying in a very small bathroom, her head was pounding. She pulled herself up and looked into the mirror, quickly brushing her hair and grabbing her purse, she walked out of the bathroom.

"Kyle?" He turned around smiling at her. "How are you feeling?" She sat down at the table across from him. "Like shit. Honestly, my head is killing me, and I don't even want to think about food." She turned her head not wanting to watch him eat his breakfast. "Well, I have some Advil in the cabinet, help yourself. How'd you get to Charlotte?" She stood walking to the cabinet he had pointed to. "I really don't want to talk about it right now Kyle, if that's okay." He could here the slight attitude in her voice. "All I can say is I went out with my friends last night. I'm 21, I am allowed to do that you know." He stood from the table, placing his dishes in the sink. "I know how old you are, Mak, and I wouldn't be calling them 'friends' if I were you." He quoted friends with his fingers. "Why the hell not? They've been around more than you have, the past seven years, I've been in Vegas, sitting and waiting for you to come back to visit, to call, anything, and I have gotten nothing! You were my friend. Or so I thought." She grabbed her purse and started to walk out the door when he stopped her. "Makayla, look, I know I haven't always been a great friend, okay, but last night, you were completely wasted. Kurt and I went out for a few drinks, and happened to see you with them. They were all laughing and making Tik-Toks of you, barely being able to hold yourself up. They weren't there when you went to the bathroom, they weren't there when you needed help, Makayla, I was. They were long gone by the time you came out of the bathroom, but you don't remember any of that. I brought you here, to my RV, so that I could help you. So can we please just sit down and catch up? I missed having you around." She sat back at the table, staring at him. "So this is your life now?" She looked up at him. "Well, not completely, I mean this is my home at the racetracks, yes." They sat in silence for awhile before Kyle spoke up. "So how's life been treating you?" he smiled a bit, trying to break the tension in the room. "What do you care?" She snapped. Just then there was a knock on the door. It was Alan, his crew chief. "Kyle you've got 10 minutes to be in the garage." Kyle opened the door, "Let me get my suit on, I'll be right there." He shut the door and went down the hall. "Look, Makayla, I know you may not want to be here right now, but just hang out here, and I'll take you where ever you want to go after the race, okay?" She said nothing, simply watched him leave.

After the race had ended he climbed out of the car, denying any interviews. He had one person on his mind and he had to get back to her. She was laying on the couch looking at her phone, tears streaming down her face when he walked in. She quickly wiped her face and sat up, not making eye contact with him. "Makayla what's wrong?" She shook her head, not wanting him to hear the break in her voice. "Mak, please talk to me." She looked up at him.

"Okay, get me out of this house, and get me out of my head, get me a drink and a cigarette, I just need to go out 'cause I can sleep when I'm dead, Drop me off at The Rox on Sunset. Hey, you, same time and same place, we can get shitfaced, yeah, yeah, Hey you, there's a lot that I wanna say, but that's for another day, okay.

Kiss Kiss, Kiss Kiss the bottle all night, Kiss kiss, Kiss Kiss the bottle, yeah, Kiss Kiss, Kiss Kiss the bottle all night. Hello, Goodbye."

Kyle found himself at the club, watching his friend down alcohol like it was nothing. The Makayla he knew was never the party type, he knew whatever it was, she was hiding, couldn't be good. He walked up to the bar where she sat. "Mak, can I ask you something?" She took the shot of Jameson Whiskey that was in front of her. "What's that, Kyle? Bartender, hit me with two please." She looked at Kyle as he spoke. "What's happened to you? I mean you've never been this type of person, I know something is wrong, just talk to me Makayla. "She stood from the bar stool.

"Let's get back to the car it's time to do it again, light up blunt and a cigarette, I went back in the bar and told her to bring all of her friends, I don't even know where we're going yet, Hey you, same time and the same place, we can get shitfaced, yeah, yeah, Hey you, there's a lot that I wanna say, but that's for another day, okay.

Kiss Kiss, Kiss Kiss the bottle all night, Kiss kiss, Kiss Kiss the bottle, yeah, Kiss Kiss, Kiss Kiss the bottle all night. Hello, Goodbye."

He shook his head, whatever was bothering her, he wasn't going to find out tonight. "Kiss Kiss" Was all he said before turning up his own drink.