24.Amneisa/Heartbreak Girl - Denny Hamlin

Melody picked up her phone, calling one of her best friends, Denny Hamlin.

D: "Hey Mel, what's up?"

M: "Denny, he did it again." She was sobbing into the phone. "I hate that I can't get over him."

D: "Mel, it's okay, calm down, and tell me what happened."

M: "I was out on pit road with Dad, and Noah just had to shove his new girlfriend in my face."

D: "Mel, I'm sorry, I know love is hard, believe me I do. But, you are never going to get over him, if you just keep going back to him."

M: "I know, I'm so stupid."

D: " You are not, don't be hard on yourself, he is the stupid one, he let you go again, he is to blind to see what he had."

M: "He was all over her, he purposefully did it when he saw me."

D: " Look, Mel, I hate to cut this short, but I got to go to the drivers meeting, okay? Just try to calm down. Maybe watch the race and we can hang out after? Your dad is having a Barbeque tonight, with a lot of the guys, I'm sure that will help take your mind off of things."

M: Okay Denny, I'll see you later then. Good luck out there today, and thanks for being a friend."

D: "You don't have to thank me, that's what I am here for."

She hung up the phone and flipped on the T.V to see the pre- race broadcast. She wouldn't watch much of it, but at least she wasn't sitting in silence. She laid on the couch and stared blankly at the T.V, tears rolling down her face. Before she knew it she was woken up by her mom and Brexton coming in the door. Brexton took one look at her and ran up to her, pulling her into the biggest hug he could manage. "Sissy, are you gonna be okay?" He asked now sitting on her lap. "Yeah bud, I'll be fine. Just big people stuff, okay?" He nodded his head, but spoke up, "Why does everyone tell me that? When I get big I'm not telling anyone my secrets." He got up going into the back bedroom to play. Both Melody and Samantha laughed watching him walk away, before Samantha sat down next to Melody. "He did it again, didn't he?" She asked looking at her daughter. Melody simply shook her head yes as she felt a new stream of tears roll down her face. "How did you know?" Sam gave her a small smile. "A mother knows, sweetheart. Now how about we have some ice cream and talk about it?" Mel gave her mom the best smile she could muster. "Sounds good. Thanks Mom."

When Kyle came in he was already agitated, he shut the door behind him and walked into the kitchen area, listening to the girls talking. "I know Mom, I just can't seem to get over him, getting over me, so quickly. It just hurts, I get he has a new girlfriend, but why throw her in my face like that?" Mel looked down at her bowl. "Because honey, boys are stupid. They do things like that because they know it will hurt us, they are assholes." Sam answered. Kyle cleared his throat and both of them shot him a look. "Oh, hey Dad." Mel said turning her attention back to her ice cream that was now more like soup. "I'm going to kill him." Kyle said turning towards the door. Sam reached out and grabbed his arm. "Kyle, no, that attitude isn't going to help the situation at all, just let it go. Mel will be okay. We've all had to get over heartbreak at some point in our lives." Kyle turned to face Sam. "Besides that, we have a cook out to prepare for, so go take a shower and get out of that fire suit." Kyle shook his head, but went into the bathroom. There was a knock on the door and Sam went to answer it. "Hi Denny, you're early, the cook out isn't for another couple of hours." She stepped in letting Denny in the door. "I know, I actually came to hangout with Melody, if that's okay." He said smiling at Sam. "Of course! Melody, Denny is here." She said smiling and walking back into the kitchen. "Mom, I know, I've been sitting here the whole time." She laughs and gets up from the table, placing her bowl into the sink. "So what do you want to do, miss Melody?" Denny asks rocking back on his feet. "What about some NASCAR Heat 5?" She asks with a smirk. "Oh your on." He smiles sitting down on the couch. "I'm always down to kick your ass!" She laughed handing him a controller. "Hey, language!" Sam yelled from the kitchen table. "Sorry Mom." Melody gave her an apologetic look.