13.Crush - Denny Hamlin

Cassie sat in the small hauler, on her laptop typing away as Denny walked up. She shut it down quickly realizing it was him. "What Cha doing?" He asked sipping on his water. "Oh, I was just trying to get hotels for the guys when we go to Vegas next weekend." She said, she could feel the heat rise in her cheeks. He gave a grin and looked at her. "No really, what were you doing?" She sat there looking at him. "Don't you have an interview or something to be doing?" She asked shifting in her chair. "Nope." He reached for her computer and she smacked him. "Why are you so defensive? What are you hiding?" He raised an eyebrow. "James Dennis Hamlin go find something to do." His smile grew wider. "Nah, I'd rather annoy you. So let's see, booking hotel rooms? Nah. Media interviews? Nah. Scrolling Twitter or Instagram? Nah. You wouldn't be hinding any of that." He put a finger on his chin as he paced back and fourth behind her. "It's nothing, Denny, don't worry about it. " She stood from the chair and he put a hand on her shoulder sending chills down her spine. "Come on Denny!" It was his teammate Kyle Busch. "We gotta go." Kyle stood there annoyed. She took a mental note to thank him later. "We aren't done with this conversation." Denny said walking out.

She walked back to the RV, packing her things and heading for the airport. She usually didn't leave without Denny, but she had an early meeting with Joe Gibbs. As soon as she landed in North Carolina her phone was ringing. It was Denny. She answered his FaceTime as she grabbed her bags from luggage claim. "Hey there's my favorite P.R girl." He smiled. "Denny I'm your only P.R." Her voice was low, you could tell she was tired. "So are you going to tell me what you were writing?" He pushed. She rolled her eyes walking out of the airport. "Denny, It's none of your business." He grinned "Really, because last I checked, you writing fanfiction about me, should be my business." He was loving every minute of this. She froze, looking at her phone. "How, how did you know?" She shuddered out. "You left your notebook on the table. Your an amazing writer, by the way." He held up her purple notebook up to the camera for her to see. "James Dennis Hamlin, that was NOT for you to read!" Her face was bright red. Half from being embarrassed half from being mad at him. She put her bags in the rental, climbing into the car, she tossed her phone into the passengers seat, thinking she had already hung up her call.

She let her head fall back into the seat. "God Denny, the things you do to me." He stayed silent on the other end of the call.

"I hung up the phone tonight, Something happened for the first time deep inside, It was a rush, what a rush, 'Cause the possibility, That you would ever feel the same way about me, It's just too much, just too much, Why do I keep running from the truth?, All I ever think about is you, You got me hypnotized, so mesmerized, And I've just got to know, Do you ever think when you're all alone, All that we can be, where this thing can go?, Am I crazy or falling in love?, Is it real or just another crush? Do you catch a breath when I look at you? Are you holding back like the way you do? 'Cause I'm trying and trying to walk away, But I know this crush ain't goin' away."

She sat with her eyes closed until she heard that all familiar voice.

"It's not just a crush, I can't seem to get you off of my mind, Cassidy, please don't walk away. I'm falling for you too." He was smiling, not that she could see him, her heart was racing, she grabbed the phone meeting his eyes. She jumped when she heard a knock on her window. It was Denny, he hung up the call and pulled her out of the car into a hug. "I have felt it too, for along time. Be mine? Please." He looked into her eye and she shook her head yes burying her face into his chest. "I love you Cassie." "I love you too, Denny. But don't ever read my notebook again." She laughed a bit, pulling away to look at him. "On one condition. You let me read that story of yours." She shook her head. "Oh hell no, that's for my eyes only." She grinned, knowing he would eventually read it, but she wasn't giving in anytime soon.