18. Hangover Cure - Denny Hamlin

I eased my eyes open, quickly shutting them back, ugg the damn sunlight. I rolled over covering my face with the blanket. Just as I closed my eyes my alarm went off. I groaned smacking it off the nightstand, getting up. The room spun and I grabbed the wall getting my balance. My head was pounding. I went to the bathroom and took a couple of Tylenol. I went to my closet pulling out a pair of black skinny jeans and my favorite My Chemical Romance shirt. I went back and got changed. I grabbed my pass and threw on my black converse, quickly running a brush through my hair and grabbing my camera I left my RV. I met up with one of my friends not long after. "Hey, Harley." I said, giving her a forced smile. She caught on quickly. "Sarah Renee, you have a hangover." Her smile widened as she looked at me. "First dates are always uncomfortable. How was Mr. Hamlin anyway?" I shook my head in agreement. "It went well, then I got shitfaced and from what I can remember, he walked me to my RV. I got his number." I said as we continued to walk out of the RV lot. "It didn't help that I couldn't fall asleep, even after I got back. I was up until four in the morning." I sighed. "Where do you need to be first?" She asked, ignoring my statement. "I have to meet up with Chase, he has a signing at Napa Auto Parts and then he has to be back here for qualifying at 11." I said eyeing her. "Why?" I raised my eyebrow at her. "She handed me my schedule book. "You may wanna rethink that whole plan." I took it and looked through it. "Crap." I was late, again. "I got to go, I'll catch up with you later!" I yelled breaking off into a run. "You're welcome!" I heard her faintly yell. 

I ran into the garage area and quickly found the number 9 garage. "Hey guys, sorry I'm late!" I sat on a tire trying to catch my breath. Chase looked up from the car, to me and back to the car. I could tell he wasn't happy with me at the current moment in time. No one else seemed to pay any attention to me at all. "Chase can I speak with you?" I asked standing. He simply shrugged his shoulders and walked out of the garage. I followed. "Do you hate me now or something?" I questioned matching his pace as he kept walking. "No I don't hate you, Sarah, I just wish you'd stop being so." He stopped himself. "So what?" I asked, looking up at him. He stopped walking and looked at me. "Dysfunctional, Sarah." He stuck his hands in the pockets of his fire suit. "I mean you were supposed to be there at my meeting this morning, and you never showed up. I qualified third, by the way, in case you were wondering, since you missed that too." His voice was cold, almost hurtful. "Look, Chase, I'm sorry I was late. I went out last night and didn't get back until late, then I couldn't sleep. By the time I got to bed it was like, four am." I explained myself, half hoping he would understand. "Well maybe you should manage your time better." He said as he started walking away.   

[Wake up still drunk from last night, The first dates are always uncomfortable, stayed up, I couldn't sleep last night, I'll admit, I'm a little dysfunctional, Are you okay with the fact that I'm a little off track, to be honest, I've been through relationships, I've never been in love, but I want this. Ever since you walked away, I can't wait to taste your breath, sunset on my black parade, and I can't wait to see what's next, when the clothes are off, and the phones are off, and the lights are on, 'cause you turn me on.

I wanted so badly to just go talk to Denny, but I also didn't know if it was a good idea to face him, epically with his crew around. I walked down to the hauler and into the tiny office. I pulled out my phone and looked at his number. It had a heart emoji by it, I just couldn't remember if I put it there or if he did. I hit the call button and waited for him to answer. It rang twice and then, "Hello Sarah." I smiled like a school girl. "Hi Denny, what's up?". 

Denny: "Not much, qualified first." 

Sarah: "Yeah, I saw that, congrats." 

Denny: "Thank you." 

Sarah: "You're welcome, look, Denny I was hoping maybe we could talk about last night? I just wasn't sure if you had the time." I trailed off as he spoke up. 

Denny: "Sure, I'm headed back to my RV anyway." 

Sarah: "Okay, well, I'm not going to lie and say I remember everything, because I honestly don't. But I remember the feeling that I felt with you, and I was just thinking maybe you felt them too?" 

Denny: "Meet me at my RV, we will talk." He hung up. Just like that. 

I got up, sticking my phone in my back pocket and walking out of the hauler. I looked around to see if anyone has noticed me, and it was clear. I took a deep breath and walked towards the RV lot. I got to Denny's RV taking another quick look around and a deep breath before knocking on his door. It quickly opened as I was yanked inside. Denny took one look at me and pulled me into him, placing his hand on my cheek and leaning down. His lips touched mine and the fireworks went off. Yep, same feeling I had last night came rushing back to me. I was in love with this man. He pulled away and looked down at me. Does that answer all of your questions?". "Actually I have one more." I said smiling at him. "Did you put your number in my phone?" He gave me a puzzled look, and stayed silent. He pulled me over to the couch, laying down and pulling me on top of him. "I am pretty sure I did." He finally said. We laid there in silence, enjoying each others company. Then he spoke up again. "Sarah?" I raised my head and looked at him. "Yes, Denny?". "I think it's safe to say you are mine now." He scooted me up a bit and placed his lips onto mine. 

[Pick up, pick up your phone, I know you just gave me your number, but I wanna know, what's up, with us, because I got a feeling, tell me if it's mutual, are you with anybody right now? Or could you step out and talk to me? I'd text you, but it's better to call, 'cause tomorrow there'll be less that I have to delete. Ever since you walked away, I can't wait to taste your breath, sunset on my black parade, and I can't wait to see what's next, when the clothes are off, and the phones are off, and the lights are on, 'cause you turn me on.  

Cover my mouth with yours, so there's nothing to say, even the silence that I have with you is okay, Let's do it like it's the first time, like it's the first time. ]