Ceremony

Kaity and I were waiting in the same room at the cabin by the meeting grounds

Kaity and I were waiting in the same room at the cabin by the meeting grounds. After a week of planning the day of the ceremony was upon us. Luna Mary had taken us dress shopping, the white floor length dressed fit us perfectly.

"Are you ready?" I ask Kaity as she smooths down her lacy dress. Next thing we knew Anna was knocking on the door berfore entering.

"You two look great," Anna said in her crimson cocktail dress, her small baby bump showing through. Any guest has to wear dark colors as a sign of accepting and submitting to their new Alpha, Luna, and Beta. "I can't believe my best friend and little sister have to two of the most highest positions in a pack of werewolves."

"I can't believe I'm a human mated to an Alpha male," Kaity said spinning just enough for her dress to fan around her.

"It feels like yesterday the three of us were cuddling in my bed talking about boys and their stupidity," I say as I lightly brush out my straightened hair.

"Umm, Jade, we still do that," Anna laughs.

"I know but now it's different. You two have mates. Kaity and I are about to be pack leaders. Hell, Kaity is married to Holden and you are engaged to Killian," I say in a small fit of frustration.

We hear two knocks at the door as Mary comes in in an off white gown that flows perfectly over her skinny but muscular form. "Ladies, it's almost time. And might I saw you three look just... awe-striking."

"Thank you, Luna," Kaity says.

"I won't have that title anymore kid. And as I have said before please call me Mary," she smiles at Kaity's light blush.

"Well I should get going, see you down there," Anna said as she walked out the door but not before giving Kaity and I a kiss on out cheeks careful not to mess up the black paint dancing over our skin.

"You two will make great leaders. Kaity your kindness and loyalty is just what the pack needs with Holden as the Alpha. Jade, oh Jade, Holden couldn't have chooses a better Beta to follow Kent. You are so brave and fearless. You work hard and your undying endurance to take all of life's obstacles is amazing. You two, I just know that you two will never fail this pack."

With Mary's small speech we went down to the stage in the clearing. I stood by Kent's towering figure. Mary next to me with Kaity at her side; by Kaity was Dylan and last of all Holden. The Alpha title was first and the Beta was last. Dylan of course had to make a speech first.

"Welcome members of the Red Sky pack." Dylan greeted and cheers erupted throughout the clearing. I was decorated with hanging lanterns between the trees and above our heads. The trees themselves were dressed in white lights and candles burned in the hands of the audience, at least those old enough to have a candle. Little pups were being held by their parents, I spotted my parents and siblings immediately, Jay holding a four-year-old Emma in his arms and a candle in his hands. "Today we are celebrating the passing of titles. My eldest son of my mate: Holden James Jacobs, the rightful heir to the Alpha title, his mat:e Katalynna Heather Jacobs, and his chooses Beta: Jade Kimberly Lewis are the next Alpha, Luna, and Beta of your pack. I myself look at these three and feeling nothing but pride. Pride that my son is so strong, proud of his mate for staying by his side, proud that his chosen Beta, who took on her roll so honorably, I could not imagine a better group to be your next leaders and could never imagine a group that will listen, protect, care, and lead you better then these three here before us. Now we can get this over so we can start the party where all the food is." Dylan jokes and the entire crowd laughs.

Dylan opens a box that had sat on a podium behind us. His took our pack dagger, a very sacred and treasured object, and cut his palm, he passed the dagger to Holden who did the same. "Holden James Jacobs, with the passing of blood I give you my position, my authority, my power over the Red Sky pack and all who reside. Do you accept this gift freely and openly, by your own choice and not forced to do by any means?"

"I do," Holden answered and they joined cut hands.

"Protect them well, young Alpha," Dylan says as they tough foreheads and release each other. The dagger is handed to Mary.

She and Kaity both cut their hands before Mary spoke, "Katalynna Heather Jacobs, with the passing of blood I give you my position, my authority, my power over the Red Sky pack and all who reside. Do you accept this gift freely and openly, by your own choice and not forced to do by any means?"

"I do," she answered and they to joined hands.

They touched hands like before and Mary responded in a similar way to Dylan, "Love them well, young Luna."

Next was Kent and I. We both cut our hands and I felt the sting as my palm slicked open and my blood pooled in my hand. I set the dagger back in the box and looked to Kent.
"Jade Kimberly Lewis, with the passing of blood I give you my position, my authority, my power over the Red Sky pack and all who reside. Do you accept this gift freely and openly, by your own choice and not forced to do by any means?"

"I do," I joined my hand with Kent as our bloods mixed. I felt a power surge through me. It felt good, it felt right. Like it was in me all along and his blood was all that was needed to release it.

"Guide them well, young Beta."

After I let Kent's hand go I joined Kaity and Holden at the front of the strange for the last part of the ceremony.

"I will protect," Holden said holing out his hand to Kaity and I.

"I will love," Kaity said next adds. She placed her hand to the side like she was karate chopping Holden's wrist. Their blood pooled together in his palm.

"I will guide," I saw and place my hand parallel to Kaity's and our bloods pool. Each of us take a drop with our opposite hand and place the drop on our lips and it evaporates very quickly signaling that the moon accepts the paring of us three.

Clapping and cheering can be heard as our wounds stop bleeding and the pool of blood disappears. We walk off stage together to join in on celebrating our new leadership.