Stay

Mason helps me into my room

Mason helps me into my room. Closing the door and allowing me to change privately. He helped me wash my hair in the sink earlier since I couldn't shower and I washed my legs and arms in the tub. It was almost like a sponge bath, not enjoyable.

Once I am changed he come into help me into bed. His hands very gentle as they touch me, making sure to avoid my ribs and back. He tucks me in and kisses my forehead.

"Wait," I call when he turns to leave.

"What do you need, water, more pillows, pain meds?" he looks me over for any signs of pain and I shake my head.

Looking down at my hands I reply, "I need you."

"What do you need me to do?"

"Stay," our eyes meet and I see his wolf going crazy at the idea. My wolf having a similar reaction to my words.

"I don't want to hurt you," he sits on the bed and places a hand on my knee.

"You won't," I answer.

"Let me go lock up the house and I'll be right up," he leaves me to do as he said. About five minutes later he is walking back into the bedroom, sleeping sweats on and shirtless. I know this is how he sleep, but I'd never seen him shirtless before.

He crawls into the empty side of the bed. "Are you sure you want me to stay?"

"Yes," I lean over and kiss him lightly; which leaves a buzzing on my lips and a desire for more.

Wincing as I move to get comfortable, Mason turns off the night table lamp. He rests himself into the sheets, his back to me on the far opposite side of the bed.

Make him cuddle us! My wolf demands.

Working on it, I retort annoyed. "Mason..." I draw out, which earns a humm in response. "Come here."

He turns and props himself up over me, "What's wrong?"

"Hold me," I tell him and he frowns down at me.

"I don't want to hurt you."

I roll my eyes, annoyed he won't do as I say. Goddess, I just want to be in his arms! Is that too much to ask?

"Please," I pout slightly and he sighs in defeat. I smile as he lays next to me, and arm wrapped around my waist.

I turn to face him, wincing slightly which makes his hand move off me. Quickly grabbing it and placing it back on my hip, my own travels to his cheek. Little circles start to be drawn on my thigh as I move closer to Mason. His free arm lays down and I use it as a pillow as I cuddle into his bare chest. His scent calms me as my hands wrap around his neck and into his hair.

"Now go to sleep," he whispers into my ear which makes me shiver. His hot breath causing goosebumps. I kiss his chest and mumble a goodnight before I go to sleep.