Precious Beta

Mason's finger trail up and down my bare back, the sparking is what woke me up

Mason's finger trail up and down my bare back, the sparking is what woke me up. "Good morning, baby." his lips kiss my temple as he cuddles closer to me. Our bare bodies mold together perfectly as his head rests on mine.

"Morning," I smile, holding his arm that drapes around me. His fingers start tracing patterns on my stomach. "We need to get up soon, to prepare for--"

"I know," he sighs. Just stay with me a little longer. His voice comes through our link.

We'll be together again tonight. I promise him, which leads to him holding me closer.

I hope so...

"Don't be so negative," I turn to face him and let my hand caress his cheek. "You're father can't be that bad."

"He can be, and he is. Remember that this man ordered me to attack innocent school kids and beat me when I retreated."

I sit up, allowing the blankets to fall off my shoulder, "He beat you?"

Mason shrugs, sitting up with me, "He's always beat me."

My hand cup his face as I bring him close to me, "No, Mason. That's not normal."

"Jade," his hand goes to cover mine. "It was normal for me. For my brothers and sister. Especially for my mother."

My eyes close, "I won't let you go back."

His forehead leans to mine. I will do whatever is necessary to protect you and Red Sky.

I chuckle as a stray tears rolls down my cheek, "That's my line."

He laughs with me as we stare into each others eyes. I never wanted to love him. I wanted to hate him, to reject him, and to get over it. Now though, I know I could never live without Mason. He's my everything.

"Jade..."

I shake my head, "Don't say it."

Jade... I may have to go back to protect you from him.

"You cheeky ass. I didn't want you to say that."

"I didn't."

"Well, don't think it either. Tonight you will be back in this bed, with me."

"In case I'm not," he leans away from me before adding. "Just in case. I want you to have this."

He takes off the string around his neck. He breaks the tie and slides the ring off. "I can't take that."

"Yes, you can. And I want you to have it," he takes my hand and slides the ring on. It looks a lot like his own, but with black diamonds. I stare at it for a moment before looking up to Mason.

"I love you."

His lips lean forward and peck mine. "I love you too. My precious Beta."

&[]