The Morning After

When I woke up, it was to the sound of my mate in the kitchen

When I woke up, it was to the sound of my mate in the kitchen. She was on the phone by the sound, "I need a favor... it's more of an explain in person kind of favor... No, I called you first... because you're my bestest friend." She was silent for a moment, "Thanks! See you in ten."

"Good morning,"  I greet her as she walks into the living room. She smiles lightly at me before continuing to sit beside me.

"I didn't know you were up," she comments while playing with the phone in her hands. "Did I wake you?"

"No," I answer. She looks over my body to see I'm still in a pair of sweats the warriors gave me. They hadn't taken the rings, which I was grateful for. Though, my clothes seemed to be amiss. "Can I shower?"

She shakes herself out of her thoughts and nods, "The bathroom is through there. I have your duffle."

She rushes into the kitchen and brings back my bag with clothes. "Thanks."

"There should be some Men's wash under the sink."

My wolf growls, thinking of another man showering here. I surpressed the urge and go to the downstairs shower. I set my bad down and start the shower. I don't take long to wash, before I brush my teeth. Before I leave, I hear more voices in the kitchen. I walk out and see a blonde female next to my mate.

"That's him?"

She smiles lightly, "Yeah."

&[]

He closes the door behind him while he showers

He closes the door behind him while he showers. I sigh, that couldn't have been more awkward. How do I act around him? How do I speak to him?

He is mate, speak normal to him, my wolf suggests and I roll my eyes. It's hard to see him as a normal mate after the raid. How do you forgive a man like that? It's obvious he wants to change, that's he's different then my one time perspective of him. How do I make sense of it all?

A knock on the door provides a great distraction to my thoughts. I open it and let Ally in. We make our way to the kitchen where I pour us both coffee.