Investigation

After a few hours of moving boxes and unpacking. I shower and make the short walk to the Alpha house. My parents, Colton, Julia, and Ally were still finishing with unloading when I left. I felt bad, but they told me not to. The new reality is that my duties as Beta come first.

I arrive shortly before the Delivar parents. The four of us sitting in the office while Holden and I open the files to review the case. "I know that this is a hard time for you," his hand reaches out to grip Mrs. Delivar's. "I will make this short. Beta."

"Frey Waldon was taken into custody last night and is being held with the charge of Involuntary Manslaughter. The case is this: during training Frey Waldon and Allen Delivar were sparing. Waldon's wolf took over and critically injured Delivar. The injured was then taken to the hospital where he later died of injuries inflicted."

"How do we know this, Frey, wasn't trying to intentionally harm ou son?" Mr. Delivar asks while He grips his mate's hand.

"Do you have any proof of Waldon's malicious intent?" I ask closing my file.

"No," he turns to Holden. "But I would like it to be looked into."

"Of course, Beta Jade will handle that," I give him a pointed and shocked look. "You will look into it."

"Yes, Alpha,"

After a few more minutes of discussion about burial and late rites, the couple leaves. I sit by Holden and sigh deeply opening the file. There is no way Frey had evil in her heart. She was a pup that let her wolf get out of hand. A human born wanting to prove herself.

"Don't question me like that," Holden stands and goes over to watch the couple pull out the drive. "Look into it."

"I don't see the point," I say honestly.

"The point is two respected warriors just lost their son by the hands of a human born! They want to make sure it wasn't murder."

"What's wrong with being human born?"

He groans and glares at me, "That's not what I mean."

"So because Frey is human born she should be looked at with suspicion?"

"Look into it!" he demands and I huff leaving the office.

I stomp down the stairs, ignoring Kaity when she asks me what's wrong. Once I get back to my new house Colton immediately asks me what happened.

"Get me Frey Waldon's school files, and her parents records. The same for Allen Delivar."

"Why?" he asks with his eyebrows scrunched together.

"Alpha, wants me to work a murder theory," I growl as I make my way to the new office. I huff and soften my expression to Colton, "Please, within the hour."

"It's Sunday, schools closed."

I throw some files out on the desk and turn on my lamp, "The principal is a wolf, make it unclosed."

"Yes, Beta," he turns and leaves.

After a few moments I have myself organized and I start opening files. "You snapped at him, didn't you?" Ally asks from the doorway.

"Well," I huff and let out a frustrated growl. "It's not the I mean to be angry. I just, know this isn't murder. Involuntary Assault, that's what Frey should have been charged with, but now that's Allen's dead I have to look at every angle."

"The Beta has always been the policing force of Red Sky."

"It sucks, I didn't want to deal with such a cluster fuck of a case my second day on the job."