Gone

Mason was right

Mason was right. Killer Wolf attacked during the rain. My wolf darts through the woods with the warriors hot on my tail. Mason was with another group a few miles out to trap the wolves in.

We are ending this, now. Once we finally come across the wolves, we all stop. The opposers glare, and snarl at us, and my wolves return the favor. I jump first, going for their leader. Once I get him down, I hear other wolves fighting as well. His scent is similar to my mate's, this must be his brother.

I get up and away from him, only for him to jump me. He takes me to the ground, biting at me. I manage to keep him away from me long enough to get my hind legs under him. I flip him off me, which is hard considering how big he is.

I roll into my stance and we glare at one another. That's until another wolf knocks me down. Suddenly, both Mason's brother and this other wolf are fighting me. I have to play defence, dodging attacks and making space for me to assess them. I've fought two wolves before, it wasn't hard. Now though, my mind felt groggy. I pant as I look between them. The larger Alpha jumps at me while the warrior goes for my legs. They put me on the ground, my head landing with a sickening crunch.

My grogginess in my mind turns to blurriness in my vision. I watch as other Red Sky wolves arrive, but I don't stay conscious long enough to see the battle.

&[]

"Damnit!" My hands slap again the wall as Holden and Colton stand behind me

"How would they have gotten the jump on her?" Colton asks. "They've seen her fight once. And that was barely a fight."

"I don't know," I shake my head as I hit the wall again, effectively cracking it. "But they will pay for taking her."

"Does your father keep hostages?" Holden asks as he sits in the living room.

"Not usually."

"Even a high ranking pack leader, like Jade?"

"We've never been able to catch one before."

"This is crazy," Colton looks at the floor as he shakes his head. All of us trying to figure out how this happened. "Alpha and I have both been on her. How did she lose to some Killer Wolf warriors."

"Well, one was my brother, Thomson. Gregor was probably the other one, he's a top warrior."

Just then, the door burst open and in came Ally, Jay, and Kaity. "I haven't told my parents yet," Jay comments as he stands in the corner. "What's the plan to get my sister back?"

"We don't have one yet," Holden tell him while Kaity sits beside him. Her hand extending to his.

"Mason, you know the territory," Ally says. "Why can't we just go get her?"

I shake my head, knowing if they make us too soon, father will kill Jade. "That won't work."

Mason! Get mate back! my wolf yells at me. His yelling almost worse than the silence he gave me the first time we were separated. This time it wasn't by her choice. Jade was taken from me and I intend to get her back. No matter who's blood I have to spill.

Ultimately, this is my fault. I should have protected her. I should have known they would use her against me, against Red Sky.

"Tell me about how Killer Wolf prisoners are kept?" Holden asks and when I think about it I growl loudly. "Tell me."

"Poison to keep the wolf down and links inactive," I start, and while thinking back to the cells my wolf takes over. He's angry, pissed that someone could touch her. That we couldn't get there in time. Growling, he rips at my hair. The pain is nothing like what Jade will go through for the next few days. Getting her back is the only choice.

"Mason!" Holden yells, his voice enough to bring me back into control. "The cells."

"Beatings, his favorite is to break ribs so it hurts the prisoner to breathe. He... let's the warriors do whatever they want to female prisoners."

"Rape?" Jay asks and I nod, my kanines extending, ready to rip out the throat of anyone who touches her.

"Yeah."

"Will they kill her?"

"Depends on how much he wants me to suffer." I walk over to the wall of photos and look over each one featuring my mate.

Heavy, slow footsteps walk up behind me. A hand is placed on my back and I turn to see Colton. He nods his head, "Let's go on a walk."

I nod as we leave the house. He takes me down a few streets before stopping. "We all want her back. She's important to us all," he sighs and takes out his phone. "I don't know if this will help."

He hands me the phone that displays a video. My mate is the first thing the camera sees. "Jaaaaadddee," Colton's voice slurs.

"He's gonna be so handsome, Colt," she squeals. "And his wolf's gonna be pretty."

"What's he gonna do for a living?" Ally asks from the other side of Jade.

"Duh, he's gonna be my Delta. He's gonna have long-er-ish hair for me to run my hands through and pretty eyes for me to stare into."

"And good in the sack," Ally hollers and Jade raises her drink.

"Cheers to that."

The video stops and Colton puts his phone back into his pocket. "I don't know how she knew you but she did. She always said having a mate would be the best and worst thing to happen to her. In a way, I think she's right."

"Definitely the worst."

"What couldn't you tell Alpha?"

"What do you mean?"

"In there, you were holding back."

"The poison that they use to cut off the links, it also kill the wolves. Turns them human."

"That kind of stuff has been illegal for centuries!" Colton's eye are wide as I say this.

"No one report him since most don't survive."

"If Jade isn't a wolf, she can't be Beta."

"Being Beta is probably the least of her worries," I comment. "Survival will be her main priority."

"We're going to being her home."

"I know we will," I look past him to the forest. "I have to get her back."