𝟐𝒙𝟎𝟗: 𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝑬𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

"Mr Schuester, I have an announcement" Rachel said as our teacher entered the choir room. "I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at Sectionals".

"Me first" he interrupted her. "Two things. First, our competition at sectionals are your classic stool choirs: great voices but they don't move. Now, if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't: dance. Which is why I've decided to feature Brittany and Mike Chang's sweet moves in our performance". I smiled and clapped Mike's shoulders and highfived Britt.

"They're gonna dance in front of me while I sing my solo?" Rachel asked again, making me roll my eyes.

"You're not getting a solo for this competition, Rachel" Mr Schue declared.

"Wow this is new" I said surprised.

"Finally" Mercedes uttered. "So, what song do I get to sing?"

"I was thinking that the winners of our duets competition would take the leads" our teacher stated. I opened my eyes wide and looked at Sam smiling excited and I quickly felt Finn's hand on my knee, clapping excited.

"Are you kidding? Are you trying to throw this?" Rachel mumbled and I looked at her frowning.

"That's really rude" I mumbled, feeling super insecure again about this.

"You used to be just sort of unlikeable, but now I pretty much feel like punching you every time you open your mouth" Quinn told Rachel.

"Okay, listen" Mr Schue said trying to calm everyone down. "I had talked the talk about everyone in here feeling special for over a year now but, frankly, I haven't walked the walk. I mean, we have got a lot of talent here and I'm gonna highlight it".

"Look, I'm all for pumping up the team, making everyone feel special but that's for practice. You don't take the star quarterback out before the big game" Finn told Mr Schue, making Rachel nod angrily.

"I thought you were happy for me?" I asked.

"Easy to say when you're the star quarterback" Tina admitted.

"This isn't just about me. This is about the team" he defended himself.

"It is about you being a jerk just to make your girlfriend happy" I said, crossing my arms.

"Guys..." Mr Schue started.

"You are such a hypocrite" Santana interrupted our teacher to attack Finn.

"Like you even know what that means" Rachel quickly defended him.

"It means that your boyfriend is full of crap, hobbit".

"You know what? Ever since the wedding, you've been up my butt, and I'm sick of it".

"Come on Rachel, she's not worth it" Finn whispered trying to calm his girlfriend down.

"Oh really?" Santana inquired. "'Cause that's not what you thought last year in that motel room". I got tense quickly and saw Finn froze too. Why would Santana talk about that right now? "That's right, Yentl. Your sweetheart, he's been lying to you. 'Cause he and I totally got it on last year".

Luckily Mr Schue interrupted us before the situation could go worse, but everyone knew something bad was about to happen. We only had a little time to start choreographing before the bell rang.

"A duet! For a competition!" Sam said making me laugh.

"I know! Big deal, huh?" I said as I stood up. "I've never had a solo before".

"We are going to kill this. Well, if we can sing before everyone kills each other" I laughed again and approached him so we could walk to our next class. "I already have some ideas about our song".