Chapter 24

We spent a week in Heartland, getting that vacation Aidan wanted.
However, now we're home and I was setting up the portal to send Calum, Daniella and Drew back.
"I love you" I told them all and they held me tight.
"We'll see you soon enough" Calum smiled and I stood by the lake and closed my eyes.
"Ruby" I whispered and urged my future daughter to open the portal.
I threw in half of one of the three Elixir of Life's and the lake turned gold.
"Goodbye" I smiled at my children as they disappeared into the water.
"So, my turn?" Thea asked
"You'll run out eventually. You have about a week left" I smiled at her and closed the portal.
It folded up and created a gold box with a gold button.
"A door to the future. Not a bad relic" I smirked and it disappeared and reappeared in the Maze of Corridor's, taking one of the dormant doors.
"So, any tip you can give me about the future?" I asked Thea as we walked through the gardens.
"You get five years of peace. Use them wisely. Your next task will be a dangerous one. Your most dangerous one" she warned
"I don't suppose your going to tell me?" I asked
"Sorry, I cant" she said
"Alright. I can respect mystery" I laughed
"I can tell you this: it's gonna be a hell of a ride" she said
"Wonderful" I sighed and we both laughed.
Our family is dangerous and sometimes reckless (none to mention insane) but I wouldn't trade my life for the world.