Chapter 14

"I can't find anymore," I grumbled staring intently at the sky.

"Wait, there's one! I think it's the dipper," Carl said pointing into a pool of black with white specks.

"Where? I can't see anyting but random stars!" I said frustrated. The top of the barns rafter thing ,or whatever, was cold but comforting.

"Right, there," he said sliding closer to me and pointing my hand into the sky.

"Oh, that's not the dipper it's Orion's Belt," I said as he grasped my hand and pulled in down. The shock of electricity burst from my fingers to my stomach, making me suck it in.

"You okay?" Carl asked looking over at me, the starry night making his eyes sparkle.

"Yeah, just thinking," I said quietly to him.

"You sure? You have that-look on your face, like you have much more to say," He said grasping my hand a little tighter.

"Just...sometimes I would get lost in the woods running from monsters. I would always have this big beautiful sky to look at at night. But I'd be by myself and lonely. Now I have you," I finshed the sentence looking over at him.

He smirked and kissed my forehead gently, making my entire body light up with sparks and my face go red. I leaned my head on his shoulder and looked up at the big black and white sky.

"Their beautiful, don'cha think?" I asked examining the sky.

"Just like you," he said laying his head ontop of mine.

~

I woke up to carl gone, Daryl yelling my name and Shane running around near the barn.

"April?" Shane yelled making me sit up shuffle a little.

"April!" I heard Daryl yell in the thick woods.

I climbed off the roof and into the barn, coming out of the front.

"Where the hell were you?" Shane asked coming up to me like a gorilla.

"In the barn," I said softly, his eyes and heavy brething scaring me and bringing back memories.

"Bullshit, Daryl checked their already," he said taking a step closer.

"I-I was. I'm not lying," I choked out. 

His eyes bore into my head, his back hunched over slightly and his fists clenched. Shit. I gulped hard.

"You've got everyone worried sick, now come on. Let's see what Rick has ot say about your lying ass," He said grabbing my arm and pulling me.

"I'm not lying!" I said loudly, trying not to make my voice crack. "Let me go!"

He grip tightened and he pulled me harder.

"Stop!" I wailed.

He jerked me forward and made me stumble and fall into the dirt. Soft footsteps got louder as feet started to run towards us. I scooted back a little as a muscley arm wrapped around me. It took me a second to realize it was Daryl, then I buried my head into his warm body.

"The hell you do to her'!?" Daryl yelled wrapping his arms tighter around me.

"She lied! She was telling stories of how she was in the barn the whole time and we didn't notice!" he yelled back, Rick and T-Dog holding him back.

"I was, I didn't lie! I promise!" I said into Daryl's shirt, tears streaking my cheeks.

"Then where the hell were you?" Shane said in a loud tone but not yelling.

"I was on the roof! I fell asleep and forgot!" I said holding on tighter to Daryl.

"Shane! Stop!" Rick yelled pushing him back.

"Whatever man. She's a lier and a traitor, just like her dad." Shane said stomping away towards the house.

"Shh...it's okay, April. It's okay," Daryl cooed me, stroking my messy hair.

I kept sobbing until I felt Daryl lift me up and take me to the barn.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Hope you enjoyed! It's finally the weekend! (well Friday) but yeah!
Any comments or questions just comment there! 

Comments-