Chapter 23- Hammock wars

I pulled the box down the big stairs and dragged it out the door.

"The hell are you doing with a- hammock?" Daryl said eyeing up the box.

"If we gonna be here awhile, might as well have some fun," I said flipping the hair out of my eyes.

He huffed a little and walked up teh stairs.

I dragged the box to a tree in the backyard and started putting it up.

Carl came out and watched me set it up.

"You just gonna watch or do you wanna help?" I said peering over my shoulder, tying a knot in the process.

"I dunno. It looks like you got it," He said looking at the knot I just finished.

I finished setting it up and looked at it.

Before I could do anything, Carl went over to it and flopped on it, making it let out a slight creak.

"Hey!" I said putting my fists on my hips.

"What?" He grumbled. He was face down on the hammock nad his hat was lsightly tipped off his head.

"You're in my spot," I said walking over to him with my hands behind  my back.

"Claimed," He grumbled looking at me.

"Nope." I said.

I walked over to him and flopped right on top of him, making the hammock let out a creek.

"Hey!" Carl said as I buried my face into his back.

"Why are you always so warm?" I asked rubbing my head on his back.

"I dunno,"  he said flipping over so he was on his back.

He wrapped his arms around my back and I snuggled into his warm chest.

His paced heart beat slwoly sent me into a sweet trance. I let out a comfy sigh and smirked slightly.

Carl gently stroked the ends of my hair and fixed his hat.

"Why can't it always be like this?" I asked softly.

"Cause' we don't have privacy," I said, his chest making my head go up and down slow and smoothly.

"In this world, it don't exist any more," I whispered burying my head into his chest more.

"Carl! April!" Carol yelled from the house, "lunch time!"

I huffed and drearily lifted my head up. I tried to move but Carl's feet and hands entangled my in the hammock.

"I think we're stuck," I said trying to look at our feet.

"Uhhh..." he said.

"Carl! April! Come get it while it's hot!" Carol yelled again.

We shifted around and Carl moved to one side.

"Carl don't-" I started.

The hammock flipped and he landed on top of me.

"Your butt's crushing me." I said.

"It ain't my fault. You built the hammock," he said rolling over, unpinnig me from the ground.

"You're the one who moved over," I said getting up.

"Fair enough," he said.

We both got up and he grabbed my waist slightly.

"What're you-" I started.

He pressed his lips against mine and I pulled him closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck and snatched his hat.

"Hey!" he said pulling away.

"Mine," I said putting it on.

"Give that back!" he said as I walked away.

"If you want it you'll have to get it from me," I said starting to run to the house, holding the hat so it didn't fall off.

"Carl!! April!!" Carol yelled coming out of the back door.

"We're coming! Save your voice!" I yelled back.

She chuckled and walked back into the house, Daryl coming out to see what was happening.

I looked at him and slowed down. Bad idea. Carl came up behind me and tackled me to the ground.

"Oh shit!" he said as we tumbled.

"Do you like pinning me to the ground?" I asked looking at him.

"Maybe," He said pecking my forehead. He rose up and snatched the hat.

"Hey!" I said running after him.

~Daryl's POV~

I never seen her so happy before. Carl was the only one who could make her luagh and smile like no one could before.

As long as he didn't hurt her, he was fine by me.

AIn't no one going ot hurt my little girl.

~

It began to darken when Carol knocked on my door and came in. I huffed and looked away from the window.

"Whatcha need?" I asked leaning against the window frame.

"Nothing, just checking on you," She said walking up to me. She placed a kiss on my cheek and looked out the window.

I chuckled and looped an arm around her waist, her smirking in the moonlight.

"Come ere'," I said kissing her.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I'm sorry I haven't really been updating but school is taking a toll on my time and now I have a B-Ball tournament Sunday. I hope I'll update again soon, so we'll see.

PEACE!