Chapter 8

Pain. It covered my body as I fell to the ground.

I heard Daryl yell some colorful words then lift me up. Rick and some others had run up to see what had happened.

Andrea came running up saying, "Oh my god! Oh my god, is she dead?"

"Shot," Rick said, his words slurring slightly. "What the hell did you do?"

"I thought she was a walker but my grip slipped," Andrea said before I blacked out.

~Daryl's POV~

"If she is dead...so are you," I grumbled to Andrea running into the house.

"What happened?" Hershel yelled pulling the covers of a bed back.

"Andrea shot her in the shoulder," I said, carefully but quickly placing her on the bed.

"You need to step out, we need room to get the bullet out. Luckily it seems it didn't go to deep, so no transfusions are needed," Hershel said as Rick put a hand on my shoulder.

Tears threatened to spill over, but I slumped my head down and slammed the bathroom door as I walked in.

~Carl's POV~

When Daryl ran into the house with April in his arms I knew something was wrong.

Worry flashed through my body and my mom wrapped an arm around me, whispering not to worry. That's all I could do, worry.

I stepped forward to walk to the house but my mom said not to, pulling me closer into her arms.

Daryl came out with streaks on his cheeks and his entire upper bicep covered in blood. He stomped over to the camp and disappeared into April's tent. 

Carol looked at the house, put a hand over her moouth and went into April's tent, following Daryl.

"Sweet heart, let's just get back to work. She'll be alright, whatever happened. I promise," my mom whispered in my ear pushing me towards the campfire where laundry was to be hung.

she'll be okay...she's strong. I thought as I hung up a dark tan shirt.

She's a Dixon.