Chapter 15

"You're a worthless piece of shit!" Williams yelled, beer bottle of many more in hand. My mom was out of town and left me with Williams, my new step-dad. 

"I tried..." I murmured, the pain on my back and face still hurting from what he had done.

"Then why isn't it perfect?! I told you to get an A! You got a f**king B+, April!" he said slapping me across the face. It stung like hell but I didn't complain.

"Go to your room and think of wht tyou've done! the next report card better be f**king perfect!" he yelled as I went up the stairs.

I locked my door quietly and looked in the mirror. "How am I going to explain this to my teacher and classmates?" I muttered grabbing a slip of crumpled up paper. I looked at the messy hand writing:

I ran into a pole
Soccer/kickball/baseball accident
I was being stupid and tripped over stuff in my room
I fell out of a tree while climbing it

I' had used half of these and there were still more.

I sighed and took my shirt off. The mirror reflected my bright pink scars and freshly made ones, blood seeping through. I grabbed the emergency wrap I used in cases like these and did my best to bandage myself up.

I put a clean shirt on and crawled into my bed, stuffed away in a corner. Bloody clothes scattered the floor from the past few days. I tried to shut everything out of my head but I couldn't.

I curled up into a little ball in the sheets and shut my eyes ans tears sprung from my eyes like frcking Niagra Falls. Pain surged through my face as the tears fell into deep cuts, but I didn't care.

I want my mom back.

I want Williams out of my life.

~Daryl's POV~

I set April down against the wall in the barn and kneeled in front of her.

"April, tell me what happened, what did he do to you?" I asked trying to look at her eyes.

"I'm sorry," she said bringing her knees up and placing her chin on them.

"For what?" I asked cocking my head to the side slightly.

"For being scared. And crying, and-"

"Everyone gets scared, cries, no ones perfect," I cut her off.

"I was raised to be perfect, if I wasn't..." she trailed off, burying her head in her knees again.

I clenched and unclenched my fists over again and looked down.

"He grabbed me and yelled at me at how I was worrying everyone, I was a lier. He grabbed my arm and tried to pull me to camp until he threw me at the ground," she said putting her head up again, not looking me in the eyes.

I kissed her head and stomped out of the barn.

No one hurts April.

As I reached the camp I saw everyone else off somewhere and Rick lecturing Shane while T-Dog stood behind Rick for backup. Andrea, stupid bitch who shot April, stood on top of the RV with a rifle in hand, 'protecting' the group.

I marched right up behind Shane, yanked him around by his shoulder and punched him right in the face, making him fall to the ground. I clenched my fists and stepped forward, ready to give him what he deserves, but T-Dog stepped in front of me and pushed against my chest, holdng me back.

I jumped and tried to get him, but T-Dog held me back. Everyone was yelling 
"Stop Daryl!"
"The hell you doing?!"
"Hold on!"
"What the hell, man? Chill out!"
"Daryl, back off!"

"You stay out of this!" I yelled pointing a finger at Andrea.

"Why should I?" she scoffed.

"Cause' you'll just get in the way cause' you think your little Shane is always right and harmless!" I growled at her.

"I'm gonna stomp your ass!" I yelled at Shane, lunging for him, T-Dog holding me back again.

~April's POV~

I sat there, thinking and wallowing away in self pity. The soft mush of hay under feet caught my attention and I peeked up.

Carl was walking towards me and sat criss-cross in front of me.

"I uh-heard what happend. Nobody told me until they thought you were gone until everyone ran towards here," he said looking down at his shoes. "It's my fault."

"No...it's not-"

"Yes! It is, if it wasn't for me Shane wouldn't have gotten to you like that." He said looking at me, making me look at him. "He's such an asshole!"

"Well that's Deputy Douchebag for ya'!" I said sarcastically.

"What?" Carl said giggling as he stood up. "You're so weird sometimes, you know that April?" He put his hand out for me to grab and flicked his hat back.

I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up, runnig into him again like setting  up the hoop. My cheeks flushed red as I felt the soft beat of his heart against my torso.

He pressed a gentle kiss to my lips, butterflies filling my stomach.

"Turn that frown upside down, sunshine," he said smirking after pulling away.

"It's a smile when you're here," I said leaning my forehead on his, his hat tipping back, and me smiling.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Hello! Hope you enjoyed! This chapter is a bit longer than normal because I kind of write with the flow. *makes surf board getsures* No? Okay. 
What do you  think will happen next? I've been tryign to hold off a big surprise until an even number so 15 is out! What should I call Carl and April??? Capril? IDK.

Comment questions or suggestions here!

~TWDposter