Chapter 19

~Daryl's POV~

"Hey! What the hell happened?!" Shane yelled as I came out of the house.

"Piss off man!" I yelled back at him, heading to my tent.

"You answer me, goddamnit!" He yelled pointing to the ground like a little kid.

I stopped and turned on my heel. I stomped up to him and got in his face.

"You wanna know what happened? I saw my niece get tortured and cut by some douchebag man. He nearly f**king killed her," I growled pushing my chest against his.

He scoffed as I walked away. I heard a bunch of people yell at him to shut the hell up.

He needs to keep his goddamn mouth shut before I rip it off of his stupid gorilla face.

~

I twirled a bolt in my fingers as the tent unzipped. Carol came in and crossed her arms, a rag in one hand.

She pulled up a chair in front of me and dipped a little water on the cloth. She put a hand under my chin and lifted my head up. She brushed my greasy hair out of the way and ran the cloth against my face, getting rid of April's blood and some dirt.

Once she had gotten what she could off my face she put the rag down and sat next to me.

"She's going to be alright. She's tough, like you. Ain't nothing going to change that," She said as she put her head on my shoulder.

My lip quivered and I held back tears, not wanting to show how weak I was at this point.

She lifted her head up and turned my head towards hers.

"She's strong," she said. 

I stared into her gray-blue eyes and a tear rolled to my cheek.

"I don't want to lose her," I whispered putting my head into her shoulder.

She put her hands on my back and softly stroked my hair.

"You're not going to," She whispered back.

We sat there for I don't know how long. She finally pulled my head up and looked at me.

She shifted her feet and got up. She held out her hand and I took it.

"It's dinner time. Come on, everyone's going to be waiting," she said holding my hand as she unzipped the tent.

~Carl's POV~

I sat in the chair by April's bed. She was pale and had dark rings under her eyes, her hair slicked back into a pony tail.

My knee bobbed up and down, head in my hand, eyes watching her.

There was a knock on the door and my mom came in.

Great.

She wobbled over to me and sat down on the arm rest. She placed an arm around me and her other under her belly.

"It's time for dinner, Carl. You need to eat. She'll wake up," she said stroking the ends of my hair.

I huffed, got up, and slammed the door as I left the room.

~Daryl's POV~ 

I sat in the camp eating a plateful of peaches and fish from the pond.

Carl came stomping out and grabbed a plateful of food. 

Rick walked up to Lori and talked to her. She ran a hand through her hair like usual and nodded towards Carl.

They were probably talking about how he's a moody teenager. Ain't his fault. 

I'll probably die when April goes through it, lucky if she already did.

Hershel was yelling something form the house about April and without hesitating I dropped my plate and ran.

She's back!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Sorry it's abit slow and maybe I won't maybe I will get to the big chapter I've been wanting too. Almost to 600 reads! Thaaank you!!!

Comments/Questions-