Chapter 16

As I walked up to camp with Carl behind me, I noticed Daryl and Rick putting stuff into a green tucson.

"Where the hell are you going?" I asked walking up to them, eyeing up the stuff in the trunk.

"Going on a run, guys want to come?" Rick said peering over his shoulder.

"Sure. Gotta get off this damn farm for once before I go insane!" I said throwing my crossbow in the trunk.

"Aren't you taking that with you?" Daryl asked shutting the trunk and placing on hand on my back to help me in. "Whatcha head."

"I got it. I use my machete more than crossbow. Always have," I said getting in the car with Carl.

~

"Wait, wait. Hold up," I said placing a hand on Rick's shoulder.

He stopped the car in front of a teel blue house, about a quarter of a mile through the town.

"What?" He said looking around.

I didn't answer him and got out of the car, them telling me to get in.

I walked down the street a little and looked around.

Ms. Burgin's, Johnney Clements's, Martha Stewart's, Doctor Kremer's.

I looked at all the houses I once knew. The streets were littered with dead bodies, decaying papers and pieces of animal bodies. The houses were pale and ripped. 

I took a step forward but a big hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.

"What the hell are you doing?" Daryl asked in sharp tone, making me straighten my back.

"We search here for now. I have to check something out," I said taking out my machete.

"Carl, go with April, Daryl come with me. We'll get this side, you get that side," Rick said pointing at us then to the houses.

I nodded and started off towards Ms. Burgin's house, Carl trailing behind me.

"Slow down," Carl said as I pushed the door open and walked straight into the house.

We searched up and down, filling our packs with a couple cans of beans, half empty water bottles, and medicine.

We moved over to the next two then finally at Johnney Clements's.

We searched through the entire house and picked up a few comics and cans of food.

I was searching a closet when Carl walked in and closed the door.

"What are you doing?" I asked searching the top shelf.

"Shhh!" he whispered and grabbed my waist, pushing me against the far wall.

He pulled me against him and stayed quiet, footsteps echoed throughout the house with loud gruff voices.

"So who are we looking for?" A man with a softer voice asked.

"A girl. She's got brown hair, tall, and a machete. Everyone down here knows bout' her. She the Thief with a Machete. She can steal from your pocket without you noticing it was gone. Last group that got raided was us. Luckily we saw her," a man with an old gruff voice said.

My heart beat faster.

Shit!

I clung tighter to Carl and he put his head on top of mine.

"There ain't nothing here! Let's go!" one yelled in front of the closet.

We waited about ten minutes after they left to move. They could've been back and we could've been caught.

Carl looked at me, his hot breath and body warmth giving me a secure feeling. I stared at his bright blue eyes and got a butterfly feeling in my stomach.

I pressed my lips against his and wrapped my arms around his neck. He placed his hands around my waist and pulled me impossibly closer.

"Carl? April?" Rick yelled form outside the house.

I pulled away from Carl and said, "There's always someone to ruin a moment."

"I'll get you later," he said smirking while pushing the door open.

"What happened?" Daryl asked.

"Some men came in, talking about finding someone," Carl said putting his hands on his hips while looking at Rick and Daryl.

"We'll search again tommorow. Going to have to hold up in a house since it's almost dark," Rick said looking around and pointing at some possible houses.

"Better lock up soon, before anyone else comes into town." I said heading to the car.

How did they f**king find me?

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Did you enjoy this chapter? Tell meeee! Sorry, it's late and I'm watching TWD right now so my mind is kind of wandering.

Comments or Questions-