part 11 a day at the palace

Lili's POV
I woke up by the sun shining through my window. I blinked my eyes open to see the maids getting my room ready for when I wake up. I sat Up, and I suddenly wasn't tired anymore. That's weird, I would usually be asking for more time to sleep. Although I did go to bed earlier last night.

"Oh miss sorry to wake you" Mary said walking over to the bed "oh no don't be I am not that tired anymore" I said as they smiled still being and nodded confused"what time is it" I said looking around for a clock "it just hit 5" she said. Wow! It's much earlier than I thought it would be. That's probably why they were all so confused.

"do you know if the garden is open by chance" I asked hoping it would be. "In fact it is!" Lucy said smiling. I smiled "And I can go there" I asked making sure. She nodded. I smiled joyfully as I got up out of bed and put on my slippers. "How long till I have to be back" I asked as I made my way to the door "you have about an hour" Anne said as I nodded and walked out the door.

I made my way down the halls. Maybe I didn't hate the palace as much as I told myself. I finally arrived at the garden. And entered. The smell of flowers took over my nose. I loved this place! I walked around for a while before sitting on a bench. I just sat there and thought. Sitting here makes me feel so relaxed. Then Cole's letter came to mind. Ugh I wish I never saw it! I wish he was never nice to me. I wish I still hated him. It's just easier that way.

Soon I realized it was getting close to the time I needed to be back. So I took one last whiff of the place, before heading back to my room. Once I got back my maids were just talking with eachother before Lucy noticed "perfect she's back" she said looking at me. They then all looked at me as they led me to the bathroom.

They washed me in the bath. Then put my hair in curlers as they did light makeup.  Once they were finished "glamming me up" they blowed dried the curlers, then took them out to make perfect curls. They brushed out the curls so they weren't so perfect, or uptight, just loose and natural looking.

They then gave me a purple dress that wasn't to fancy, and then I put on some basic tan heels.
Once everything was done, they sprayed some fragrance on me, then sent me to breakfast. Once I got to breakfast I was one of the first ones there. Which meant I got to pick my seat. I picked a seat a little near the royal family, but not the seats right next to them.

Soon enough people started coming in. Emma arrived shortly after, and sat across from me. "Hi" I said as she sat down. "hey! How'd you sleep" she asked "surprisingly well. You?" I said as the last of people piled in. "not the best but good enough" she laughed as everyone stood. I then saw madi sat on my left, and Olivia on my right. We all stood and curtsied as the royal family entered. Before the king aloud us to sit.

"ladies, before we bring out food I would just like to inform you, you will be on the report tomorrow, so don't stay up to late. And yes some of you will be interviewed" Ashley said. Oh no! Interviewed! I hope I wasn't chosen for one.

I was zoned out from my thoughts by my food being set down in front of me. "you ok lili" I heard Olivia say next to me "um ya I'm good" I said a little surprised. This is the first time I'd talked to her, so I didn't really know what to expect. She nodded and started eating her food.

I then started eating mine too. I didn't really talk to anyone while we ate because everyone around me was having a conversation with someone else. Once I was done eating I looked around to see if anyone else was done. nope no one, but I stopped and looked at the prince, he was laughing with his little sister. He looked so happy. Like a normal person.

Oh no lili stop! You can NOT fall for him. Your just here to get some money for your future family, you can not like him! Ugh! I then asked the maid that was near me "excuse me, how much longer till we are excused" I asked quietly "you have about 10-15 minutes" she said I quickly nodded as I turned back around.