Part 4 the report

The next day
Lili's POV
"Lili, lili wake up!" I heard as I felt myself being shaken awake. "W-what?" I asked confused. "They are announcing the selection in 2 minutes get up!" Tess said as I quickly got up to put on decent clothes. since we didn't have a tv or anything in our house, we had to go to our little town square to see the report every Friday.

Once I was ready we walked to the town hall, which had a big tv the royal family provides for every town. The report had already started, and we were late but they had just gotten to the part where they say who is selected

"welcome, welcome everyone!" The king said with a cheerful face, "We have gotten so many entries for the selection, and couldn't be more excited to welcome the thirty five girls first starting off with Rachel Diaz, a two from little lights" little lights! That is literally the nicest town in illea! It then showed her picture. She was so pretty!! The prince didn't show any expression though other than a slight smile.

Then they announced another girl her name was Madison bonnet, I believe she was a four, from a town called Orange Village.  Then came another Emma Taylor, another two from Los angels. Wow she was really pretty too! Then my heart dropped "Lili reinhart" I heard on the tv as the crowd started cheering.

oh no. This isn't real. This isn't happening. I can't leave Archie! I can't go! Everyone around me was yelling and cheering. I was well known in my small village and I knew mostly everyone too. I was being hugged as I forced a smile. "OMG LILI" my sister yelled "you made it!" I heard everyone saying. This went on for at least a minute before they continued to watch the show. I then headed back home not watching the rest to process what just happened! Shit! I have to go to the palace in 3 days! Oh noooooo!!!

I ran straight to room and sat on my bed, just looking around. I can't leave this I can't leave my family I can't go to to the palace! So I got out my book. It was my poetry book I write in whenever I am feeling upset. So I wrote in it. And right as I was writing the last word my mom came in "hey lils someone from the palace is here to see you"

She said as I got up and followed her out to the living room. To see a girl around her 30s "oh my gosh hi" she said as she saw me and held out her hand "hi lili I am Ashley, we are so excited for you to come to the palace, but first I have some papers for you to sign" she said as I shook her hand I just nodded as she brought a stack of papers to the counter. "Ok just to confirm some things real quick, some questions might be a little awkward" she explained as she pulled out a paper from the stack

"ok are you single" "yes" "straight?" "huh!" I said confused "do you like girls or boys" she asked "boys" I said as she nodded "virgin" she asked as my mom gasped Ashley then looked up confused "yes, yes" I said confirming it "you sure because if we find out you lied you could be in big trouble girl" she teased smiling but also being serious I then gulped and nodded. "gosh she's never even had a boyfriend" my mom said laughing. Ashley then laughed and nodded as these questions continued.

Once the questions stopped she gave me a bottle of pills "since you are a five, you will need extra nutrition, so you must take one of these every day. Including when you are at the palace, but it's only for 15 days." She explained as she placed the little container on the counter. She then explained some more things to me about leaving and how I was getting to the palace and much more she then headed out. But when she got to the door she then whispered "just a quick tip, don't decline the prince with whatever he wants" she smiled with a wink then left. I just stood there, whatever he wanted? Ugh I hate him already. How will I even get a word out to him sounding nice!
I didn't even care to do anything for the rest of the day, I just took the pill and went  to bed hoping to eventually wake up from this nightmare.

Thanks for reading! Pls comment your thoughts and vote if you enjoyed🤠💋