Part 36 boot

Lilis pov
I woke up in my room. I was happy to finally be back in here, it feels like it's been forever. There is still an IV connected to my arm, but at least I'm not in a hospital room. My leg still hurt a tiny bit, but not as bad as before.

I saw some crutches on the side of my bed. Those were probably for me. I quickly grabbed them and went over to my desk, picking up my book. It feels like forever since I've read this! I crutched back over to my bed and started reading.

A few minutes later i heard my door open. Normally people would knock. "Um hello?" I said confused. "Oh lili you're awake. I'm sorry I would have knocked but I thought you were still asleep" I heard a male voice speak as they entered the room.

"Archie hi, what do you need" I asked as he came into my view. "Your nurse has asked me to check on you. She also said when you're awake to ask you if you would rather wear a boot. So you can go back to the selection." He asked.

"Yes please! How many times have you checked on me." I asked. "Like twice" he said. How did I not wake up? I nodded. "You're a very beautiful sleeper" he stated giving me butterflies. Was he trying to flirt? Did he like me again. "Thank you" I said quietly.

"Mhm" he responded. "How do you communicate with Veronica?" I asked. His smile disappeared. "That's actually why I'm here, I found her cheating on me" he said looking down quietly. I couldn't help but let out laugh, causing him to look back up at me. "I'm sorry it's just that... karma hit you like a brick!" I laughed again as he just sat there staring at me in shock. "Well I should probably go get you your boot" is all he said before leaving my room.

Soon the nurse came back to my room, and said I should start practicing walking with the boot, and that I could possibly go to dinner, I just need to wear a dress that covers my feet.....

Once the boot was on I stood up and my leg didn't hurt all that bad! I took steps around the room, and I was quite amazed at how easy this was.

My maids soon entered the room, and I greeted them each with big hugs, considering I haven't seen them in what four days! They told me they have the perfect dress to cover my feet. They also said I'm going to have to take my own showers, because you can't take a bath with a hurt foot.

I mean you can, but it's just easier to shower, and have your leg out of the shower head. So I got in the shower, and started cleaning myself. Luckily the girls said they would still wash my hair, and just to clean my body.

It felt pretty great to be almost back to normal after all these crazy events. Even though I hate to admit it to myself, I still have guilt for letting that guard die.

Once I finished in the shower, I put on my robe, before Lucy and Mary started washing my hair. And while they were doing that Anne was getting the vanity in my bathroom ready.

They finished washing my hair and I started getting ready. The curled my hair with a curling iron so it would look more natural than curlers would.

Eventually I was ready, and I had this rose pink dress on, that covered my feet, and went to to the floor. The only thing I was scared for was to trip, or one of the girls possibly seeing my boot. The girls said it would be fine and that nothing like that was gonna happen.

Dinner time soon came around I went a little early, so I didn't have to walk in in front of all the girls. I still had a little limp that's only noticeable if you really pay attention.

I was like the second one there, so I sat at the table. Now all the selected girls sit at the same table. It's a big circled table. And since they're only nine of us we can all fit.

Soon all the girls arrived and were more than shocked to see me here. Some were happy to see me, some weren't. Mads and cami sat next to me and caught me up on all the gossip that I missed. Mainly just things with how rachel and maxi aren't friends anymore.

The royal family entered, and I could see Cole was surprised to see me here. I just smiled. We ate our dinner. I probably ate the most I haven't eaten in like forever!

We were soon dismissed from dinner, and I had to go back to my room. The nurse said I still need to rest my foot, so I can't be going around the palace. I was still planning on visiting the garden tonight though.

Once I got back to my room, I, continued my book. I was almost finished, so I really wanted to get to the end and see what happens.

Coles POV
I was surprised to see lili at dinner tonight! I still have about an hour until me and tatum meet, so I decided to go visit lili, and figure out how she is walking on her injured foot.

I had to make a few stops before I got to her room, so I now have about, 30 minutes till I am meeting tatum.

I got to her room, knocked a few times before opening the door. I walked in only to see her....... crying!

"Lili love are you okay!" I said worried as I ran over to her bed. It broke my heart to see her cry. I heard her giggle as I hugged her. I backed away confused to see her smiling. "I'm fine Cole really! The book I just finished was sad, and I'm in my feels" she explained smiling, as relief went over me. I nodded "why did you come here" she asked as she wiped her tears.

"I came to see how you came to dinner tonight. Just this morning you couldn't even walk!" I asked. She smiled, "the nurse brought me a boot, and my dress covers it" she explained as she pulled up her dress revealing this portable cast, which she called a boot.

I nodded still processing it. Reality came back as I checked my watch. 10 minutes till I have to go. "Do you have to be somewhere" she asked.

I nodded "me and tatum are meeting in the garden at 7:30" I said honestly. She nodded. "What time will you be done?" She asked. I gave her a questioning look. "Why?" I asked. "I was planning on going to the garden tonight. Alone" she said.

"I am unsure, but we should be gone by eight o'clock." I answered as she nodded. "You better get going" she said in a voice I couldn't really tell what tone it was. It wasn't happy but it wasn't sad either, it was like blunt, but not that straight forward.

Lilis POV
I said. He smiled at me before, pulling me in for a kiss. I kissed back of course, but only for a few seconds before I pulled away. "byeee" I said as he smiled then left.

I'm sorry i haven't updated, this weekend has been awful! I'm not going to go into detail, because Im just not, but ya. I will try to be more consistent, after this week. I have finals this week so I can't promise being very active, but I'll try. Ly guys☁️🦋🤍 thanks for reading