Part 17: Wish Came True

Narrator's POV

Lauren went back home after she finished at Halsey's. She took a quick shower before heading to the cafe. When Lauren arrived at the cafe she was a little bit confused to see the cafe was decorated not as usual. There must be an event. It looked like a party. Louis showed up and greeted Lauren.

"Hey, Lauren, thank you for coming earlier." 

"Hi, no problem at all, Louis... and this?" Lauren pointed out the decoration.

"Oh, yes. It's a last-minute request. It's a birthday party for Camila?"

"Camila's birthday party? Not at her parents." Lauren was confused about why Camila did not tell her.

"Yea, they changed it. Not sure why. Maybe her mother can not manage to make something at home." Louis shrugged.

"Oh, do we need to prepare something special for the songs?"

"They were talking about hiring a DJ and MC, but Camila wanted it to be a small and simple party. Dinah will arrange everything. She will be here soon. You can discuss it with her and the guys."

"Okay..." Lauren was confused and lost at the same time. It meant Matthew would be here as well. She did not expect this.

Dinah arrived ten minutes later. They discussed the arrangement. Dinah suggested a few songs but she let Lauren decide the songs as Lauren knew better. Lauren asked Dinah why the birthday party was not at Camila's parents. Dinah told her she was not sure, but it was Camila's idea. Dinah actually knew but she did not tell Lauren that Camila just saw a chance to change it to the cafe instead of at her home when her mother was too busy during the weekday and could not manage to get everything ready. Sinu only got the cake and present ready, the catering was messed up.

Lauren also asked Dinah who was invited. Lauren said she needed to know just to make sure the songs chosen were suitable. Dinah could see Lauren was nervous but she was not sure what made Lauren nervous. Dinah tried to make her relax. She told Lauren, just close friends, and family. Dinah told Lauren, just chose Camila's favorite songs, and did not care too much about other guests. It was Camila's birthday anyway, not theirs.

It was seven and the guests were starting to arrive. Lauren was nervous. She was nervous because she was thinking about seeing Camila and Matthew together. something she definitely would not enjoy. Matthew for sure would kiss Camila and Lauren didn't know if she could handle it. Knowing he dated Camila and seeing in person he kissed Camila were two different things.

Lauren was on the mini stage playing her guitar with the band. She saw the girls, Ally, Normani, Lucy, and Vero, and even Shawn, Austin, and Michael were there. There were people she did not recognize, but Lauren knew Camila's parents from the picture Camila showed her. There were definitely her two stepbrothers, Niall and Greg, including their friends, Harry, Zayn, Liam, and Halsey. There were more people Lauren did not know, probably Camila's family. Lauren said to herself, that it was not a small simple party. There were more than fifty people here.

Camila arrived with Matthew. She looked beautiful in her elegant pink dress. Lauren was not surprised, she expected it. Everybody was greeting Camila and she was all smiles talking to the guests. She would once in a while glance in the direction where her favorite person was, but Lauren was not looking at her. Lauren was still wondering why Camila did not just tell her that the birthday party would be here instead of at home. She was confused by Camila.

Lucy came to Lauren and exchanged some words before she went back to her seat with Vero. Camila saw it. Halsey and Zayn came to greet Lauren, and Camila saw it. Camila might be busy talking to her guests but she was always watching Lauren who seemed to ignore her.