I Miss You

He was silently making his way to his dressing room while squeezing his nose. He never thought the swab test would hurt his nose that much. He couldn't wait for the day when COVID tests would be just like getting a pregnancy test. He's still holding on to that article he read in the New York Times, where you could use your saliva to test yourself. It is way better than inserting that 6 inch long swab into your nose.

He turned the knob to his dressing room and was about to push the door open when he heard a high octave shout. "Coaaaaaaaaaach!" When he turned, it was too late, she crashed into him, sending both of them to the floor with a thud.

"Awww!" 'Great! First my nose, now my back.' He was talking to himself mentally.

"Sorry, did I hurt you?" She asked in a worried tone as she quickly stood up and offered her hand to help him get up.

"Tsk!" He was shaking his head. He didn't reach for her hand but he got up and sat cross legged on the floor.

"Hey, that hurts! Are you rejecting my help? I am strong, I can pull you up coach!"

"My back hurts. I think it needs a little bit of massage."

"Massage mo mukha mo!" She snorted as she stood in front of him with arms crossed.

"Is that how you say I miss you?" He asked while looking up at her.

"Ugh! I hate you!"

"Why? What did I do this time?"

"Why didn't you tell me that you're already here? If not for my eagle eyes, I wouldn't know that you're here!" She complained.

"I was supposed to surprise you but yeah, surprise busted!" He said matter of factly.

She laughed out loud.

"What's funny?" He asked with a confused look.

But she just shook her head and sat cross legged beside him.

"I miss you so much, I really do." She side bear-hugged him which he reciprocated.

He sighed. "Me too.."

She looked up at him. "You miss me too? How much do you miss me?" She was still bear-hugging him while looking up at his handsome face.

He kept silent, trying to ignore her question.

"Tell me.." She kept prodding.

"Tell you what?"

"How much do you miss me?" She again repeated her question.

He was contemplating on how to answer her question. When he was about to open his mouth to answer, they heard a knock on the opened door.

"Excuse me lovebirds. It's time to change into your outfits."

Both looked back towards the door.

"Hi Kuya Bang!" She waved shyly. "Ugh! And please stop calling us lovebirds because we're not!"

"Really?" Bang raised a brow to her.

He was looking at her and their stylist. Their stylist determined to prove his point while she was determined to make their stylist stop calling them lovebirds. He stood up first and this time it was him who offered his hand to help her stand up. She took it.

"Hey Bang, I'm good with my good old sneakers, denim jeans and sweater."

"What?! No!" She reacted strongly.